Galveston County, TX EMT/Paramedics salaries???

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Didn't know Texas had beaches! And ****, Dallas is only 4-5 hours away for my beloved Cowboys games!

Anyone know what the real average salaries are per hour or per year for Galveston County, TX EMTs and Paramedics???

Might be jumping on a plane soon and finding a new home! :)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Didn't know Texas had beaches! And ****, Dallas is only 4-5 hours away for my beloved Cowboys games!

Anyone know what the real average salaries are per hour or per year for Galveston County, TX EMTs and Paramedics???

Might be jumping on a plane soon and finding a new home! :)
Medics start at 16.06/hr. Pay is based on experience though. I'm waiting to hear my new salary from them. I just finished interview and testing with them, so if you have any questions let me know

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Whats top pay and how cost of living down there?
I'll try to ask about top pay, I'm not sure. As for COL, it's not bad depending where you live. Me and the GF have a two bedroom house 4 blocks from the seawall for about 900/month. You don't have to live on the island either, since Galveston County has stations in several places. It's a short commute from quite a few places. I used to live in ABQ, NM and the COL is comparable. Plus there's no state income tax in TX, which helps.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Everyone i have talked to told me that it's a pretty busy service. I'll know more once i get a few shifts there under my belt

OP
OP
M

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
I live in the Philly, PA area.

I don't know if you've ever been in the northeast of US working but considering your already a Medic and in Texas - if I wanted to live along the beach, would you recommend NYC (FDNY - living somewhere on Long Island) or Texas (Galveston County)???

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Galveston county hands down. I'm not impressed with a lot of medics from the east coast.

Peach34

Forum Ride Along
Show downs! Oh my. I've been thinking about moving too. Wages really do vary quite a bit across the country. I've been looking around to find more resources on wage averages, any clues?

Peach34

Forum Ride Along
Show downs! Oh my. I've been thinking about moving too. Wages really do vary quite a bit across the country. I've been looking around to find more resources on wage averages, any clues?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Here in NJ, Medics perdiem get $28 per hour. New Full timers get 22 to 25 to start.

- Chris
A lot of tjat plays to cost of living though

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yes.. Thats is why I live in PA and work in NJ. ; ) it does make a difference.
My gf is from Jersey and every time we toss the idea of going to that area to move, living out of state while collecting the higher pay was always what we have discussed too lol

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Hmm, interesting idea. Any other places where that works?
Anywhere? It's not really a secret. Many metropolitan areas with high costs of living pay a higher starting wage. If you're willing to commute an hour or two, you can take home a lot more of that pay. On the flip side, these metro areas also often have short shifts with high call volume (so frequent commuting) and adding four hours of commuting time in bad traffic to a 12 hour shift sucks...

ccgmedic

Forum Ride Along
We have a few medics that live 2 hours away in PA to make the commute to NJ for better pay. It comes down to what works for your particular situation.

savemachine

Forum Crew Member
I've taken a look around. This site helped me get a better idea of wages across the country. Look into it. It's helped me a lot to decide where to move - Washington State is high on my list.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I've taken a look around. This site helped me get a better idea of wages across the country. Look into it. It's helped me a lot to decide where to move - Washington State is high on my list.

image.jpg