Full-time in EMS? I need you for a sleep survey!

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant
Hey, EMTLife! It's been a long time, I hope you all are doing well.

Are you a full-time EMS professional on an ambulance, in the ER, or in a dispatch center? I need you! Volunteer EMS workers are welcome, as long as you have full-time hours every week in EMS. Firefighters are welcome, as long as you consider yourself primarily a full-time EMS worker.

For my undergraduate statistics class, I was asked to do a survey about "something that interests" me, so I chose the sleep behaviors of fellow EMS workers. This survey is 23 questions long, completely confidential, and takes about 5 minutes to fill out.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2B6MXNV

If there is interest, I will share my findings when I turn in my report in about a week.

Thank you so much!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Question 20 I think you messed up between the radio versus other checkbox (I forget what it is called in html if anything).

I responded. I was fulltime graveyard at my previous EMS job for half a year, fulltime graveyard for 7-8 months when first hired, part time for about 1 year 1 month (but still worked fulltime hours or more, usually nights), recently went back fulltime 1 month ago, but working dayshift. Thought it was funny that I said I work dayshift, but prefer to sleep day. I will likely return to working fulltime graveyard mid next month.

I don't drink alcohol.

I don't take any (prescription) drugs.

I'd gladly fill this out. I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to do so, as I am starting a 42.5 hour work weekend as of 1930 tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
gillysaurus

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks, Aprz!

Unfortunately I didn't notice the mistake with question 20 until it was too late. I feel like a doofus, but thank you for not checking both boxes :)

It has been very interesting to see the responses so far.

Good luck with your crazy weekend, CodeBru!

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
question 21: Do you sleep at work?

what about: Yes, but it's frowned upon by the supervisors, and you can be disciplined if you are caught napping

I'd like to add that sometimes depending on the amount of sleep I am able to achieve off duty, I feel as if I have overslept and not well rested. Does that make any sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
Duplicate post.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
The question asking if you work primarily days or nights doesn't have a good answer if you work two 12 hour days followed by two nights. I know it's not a common schedule, but something to think about.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Moved to appropriate forum.

OP
OP
gillysaurus

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant
CodeBru, that makes sense. The same thing often happens to me!

DrParasite, that is a good point. Does that mean you do not nap at work, or that you nap at work with some added risk?

Chaz90, a very good point, obviously one I had not considered. Do you work that schedule? If so, how do you like it?