Frest out

94accord

Forum Crew Member
Hell all. My name is John D. My friends all call me Sub from my time in the Navy on submarines. I just finnished my EMT-B Delaware cert and National Cert late August. I got hired on with a 79 transport company until I can get my foot in the door with a part time gig on a 911 response team. Eventually, I have plans to move up to EMT-P (since Delaware does not honor EMT-I) and maybe even get my LPN or if I seriously lose it, RN. I am very fond of the EMS world, it is my bread and butter. I live, eat, and breath EMS. My girl is psyched that I am working the ambulances now and my family is proud of me again for the first time in a long time. EMS has saved my life in more ways than one. I happened upn this site while looking for a jump bag to buy so I can stock gear that I personally like. You know, like how I always seem to need nitrile gloves in a size larger than what I could wear in latex so I am not tearing the damn things all the time trying to put em on! LOL. But in all seriousness, I am glad I found this place. If its half of what I think it will be, you all can expect to hear from me on a regular basis. I will be posting a thread in the "equipment" section, so plese read it and let me know if you can make any suggestions. Thanks all.

TheDoll

Forum Captain
Hell all.
heh,:)
welcome, sub! i don't have any gear advice, but i'm sure you'll find a lot of helpful people here! i have found this site to be very informative, friendly, and entertaining. also, if you ask for honest advice, you'll get it! good luck!

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Welcome aboard... Glad you are here....

Helpful hint, don't waste your time on the LPN unless you like working at a nursing home, skilled nursing unit, etc... Hospitals cannot utilize LPN's in many of the critical areas as such license. Many are employed as tech's a Nursing Tech II... etc..

Keep studying & again, welcome to the site...

R/r 911

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Hey - welcome!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi SUB!! my daddy was on a sub in WWII man are those things tiny!! You can get nitrile in XL or XXL. a few brands to try are Supreno-EC, Defender or Defender T. I have worked with these 2 brands and other staff members like them alot. In the long run , it's better for the pt and you. Welcome!:)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome, Sub.

I'm just a little north of you.... In Chester County, PA (about 15 miles north of the border on Rt. 202.

I second the recomendation to forget LPN.

As for gloves - Microflex's Supreno and Freeform lines are both great. The Freeform ones really do feel like latex.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Welcome! For what it's worth, I agree with Rid about skipping LPN if you are thinking about nursing. Good for you for wanting to continue your education, regardless of which path you decide to take.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
How did I miss this thread? Oh yeah, it's from a "bubble head". ;)

So what did you do on subs besides stand watch, eat, sleep, and repeat?

Welcome to our own little corner of dysfunction.

Margaritaville

Forum Lieutenant
Hey there neighbor! Your in the right place - Let Kent County, DE pay for your Paramedic program don't bother with the LPN!

emtwannabe

Forum Lieutenant
I knew several "bubble heads" from living in Jacksonville and Norfolk. After every deployment they all had a pasty-white pallor and head colds. And they always wore the "Gilligan" sneakers........

Quite an odd lot, if you ask me.....:p

BTW, Airdale navy rocks......

Jeff

OP
OP

94accord

Forum Crew Member
So what did you do on subs besides stand watch, eat, sleep, and repeat?

I was a sonar tech sooo not much else... lol

BTW, Airdale navy rocks......

you must be out your damn mind!!! lol

Anyway.... yeah... i never deployed. I ended up with a broken wrist from playing soccer for PT one day... and missed my deployment. oh well.... cause then i got out hehe.

emtwannabe

Forum Lieutenant
My dad did 20 years as an Aviation Boatswain's Mate-Handler....Also known as a landlord of the flight deck, or to those snot nosed jet jockeys as "GOD"B)

How come you didn't go HM instead of Sonarman? The USN would have gladly paid for your training, wouldn't they?

Just curious.....

Jeff