Forum slow for anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Is the forum slow for anyone else? Ever since I changed my signature and avatar it seems like my connection to just this site has slowed significantly and I keep getting a "server is too busy" error message, if I don't time out completely. Strangely enough, all of the problems go away when I clear my cookies (forcing me to log out) and come back when not logged in.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I had that problem during the "Team JPINFV" thing. So did everyone who changed their signature or title to that.

It seems like they mess with your account and instead of banning you, slow it down where you can't do crap, but you're technically not banned. Childish, if you ask me.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
I had that problem during the "Team JPINFV" thing. So did everyone who changed their signature or title to that.

It seems like they mess with your account and instead of banning you, slow it down where you can't do crap, but you're technically not banned. Childish, if you ask me.

that sounds very very intriguing.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
Is the forum slow for anyone else? Ever since I changed my signature and avatar it seems like my connection to just this site has slowed significantly and I keep getting a "server is too busy" error message, if I don't time out completely. Strangely enough, all of the problems go away when I clear my cookies (forcing me to log out) and come back when not logged in.

I have the same error and constantly have a "searching has been disabled" error message. like sasha said i had the same problem during the team JPINFV thing. Like sasha said, everyone i have talked to over on the city or on AIM, who does not have a VENT signature is experiencing no problems......

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
I also have several messages in my inbox, that i can sometimes read, if i open them in a new window, but am unable to reply to them. sorry guys. hopefully this will post, getting my last reply to post was not easy:sad:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Its just an immature way of playing dirty
You guys didn't violate any rule but they don't like what you did so you shall be punished.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
First, Merry Christmas!

Like many other communities, EMTLife uses a reputation system. Whereas other communities have a public system, EMTLife uses internal user groups. Members who continually break the rules receive the least priority and may experience slowness or lags in accessing certain parts of the forum.

In this case some members with "Free MemberHere" signatures have been assigned our lowest processing priority and at times when the forum is busy may experience lags of troubles accessing portions of the community. I'm not willing to battle it out with a few members over a non-issue, especially on a holiday vacation.

As has always been the case, we do not discuss member infractions/bans in public. Especially in this case, it would have been professional and prudent to actually communicate with a member regarding a supposed banning before creating the EMTLife e-lynch mob.

Having said that, I sincerely hope that everyone has a safe, relaxing, and enjoyable holiday!

Status
Not open for further replies.