For the Women Paramedics...unless guys wear sports bra's

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
:rolleyes: So, I am curious what kind of bra's you are wearing under your uniforms. I am bigger chest size and obviously do not feel that Victoria is going to be the best to wear on bumpy roads and leaning over and all. Do you wear "full sports bras" or supportive type bras? I know this is a weird question, but I am curious. Thanks in advance!:p

Sasha

Forum Chief
If you are truly big chested, you can always get one custom made. While it's expensive, it will fit you the best and provide the best support for you.

Personally I always wore a good regular bra.

You can try Lane Bryant if you don't feel Victoria's Secret will cater to your bust side.

Note: You can get one custom made even if you're not big chested, but I have several "well endowed" friends who have trouble finding a good bra and have one custom made, and they also tend not to be droopy, popping over or overly bouncy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I like this thread. ^_^

NJN

The Young One
A guy wouldn't wear a sports Bra he would wear a Bro

Sasha

Forum Chief
A guy wouldn't wear a sports Bra he would wear a Bro

Some guys need to wear a sports bra to keep their moobs under control. Seriously.

NJN

The Young One
Apparently the Seinfeld (sp) reference has escaped you.

OP
OP
WannaBeFlight

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
I was wondering how long it would take some dudes to comment, and yeah I totally agree with Sasha, some guys out there have some Tig ol Bitties! haha.

OP
OP
WannaBeFlight

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
Man Boobs=Moobs! Yay Seinfeld

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I was wondering how long it would take some dudes to comment, and yeah I totally agree with Sasha, some guys out there have some Tig ol Bitties! haha.

Do you want the advise from someone who has liitle experience putting bras on, but a lot of experience taking them off? B)

Sasha

Forum Chief
Something I thought to add to my original post, find a bra and TRY IT ON before you buy it. Stand in the mirror in the changing room (In your own stall, not the public mirror!) jump around a little bit, bend over, etc. to see if you bounce too much or pop out of your bra.

Also finding one that properly fits you is paramount to good support and less bounce. Have one of the girls at victoria secret measure you (Even if they don't carry your size they can still tell you what size you need.) SO many women are walking around with the wrong sized bra that kind of works but could be better.

OP
OP
WannaBeFlight

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
I am pretty sure my bra's will not coming off at work, but thanks Mtn. :) Yeah, sasha, great advise. Its been a while since I have had to buy any, but I am regular at VS and get measured just about yearly. But it makes good sense bending over and all.

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
I have also been generously endowed. (I wear a 38F). I wear a professionally fitted minimizer bra and a sports bra on top of the minimizer. It sounds uncomfortable, but it really isn't. I stay in this getup throughout my 48 hour shift. It is a good way to keep the girls locked and loaded. :p

Sasha

Forum Chief
I have also been generously endowed. (I wear a 38F). I wear a professionally fitted minimizer bra and a sports bra on top of the minimizer. It sounds uncomfortable, but it really isn't. I stay in this getup throughout my 48 hour shift. It is a good way to keep the girls locked and loaded. :p

I used to be shocked by the fact sizes go past D.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm a 38DD and I just wear a normal bra. Mine are the "full figure" type though so they have full cups, not the 3/4s or demi cups or whatever the heck they are called.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
I prefer sports bras make of natural fiber that also have some moisture wicking properties due to the heat and humidity. Regular bras straps also become a pain after a few hours. However, a quality sports bra can be expensive and you may have to hit several stores to find one that is just right. Usually if they just go by S, M or L, the fit will be generic. Find one that is based more by bra size and give it a try.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
OP
OP
WannaBeFlight

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah I am a 38 DD, and fairly fit and trim, great ideas ladies!

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
I have also been generously endowed. (I wear a 38F). I wear a professionally fitted minimizer bra and a sports bra on top of the minimizer.
And you wear it well, I might add.

I am pretty sure my bra's will not coming off at work...
Bummer. I hope you find the right partner soon!

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
I'm not very big (the opposite actually) seeing that I am a 34 A but I do wear sports bras a good bit. A good thing to know is that the Target brand synthetic material bras are just as good (probably better) than anything nike or any other company makes. And this is coming from a runner....

8jimi8

CFRN