Florida EMS

systemet

Forum Asst. Chief
T The job market is oversaturated (to put it in smaller words, that means they already have more EMTs than they have positions for) so the companies get their pick of the best to hire; no offense, but you come across as being about as sharp as a sack of wet mice so my guess is you're going to have a very tough time finding and maintaining employment in such a market.

Wow. I now have a new favourite usafmedic put down! :)

But I feel guilty for finding it funny, and a little sorry for the guy it's directed at. Hmmm. I guess I'm battling some complex emotions here. Time for a coffee.

OP
OP
R

rescu

Forum Probie
Thats what their website says. I was curious why everyone said they didn't honor it.

emscrazy1

Forum Lieutenant
"EMT candidates who are currently certified in good standing by another U.S. state or territory or by NREMT will take the NREMT written basic assessment exam"

This is what it says. So if you have an nremt cert you still have to take this written test again.

Sasha

Forum Chief
"EMT candidates who are currently certified in good standing by another U.S. state or territory or by NREMT will take the NREMT written basic assessment exam"

This is what it says. So if you have an nremt cert you still have to take this written test again.

You don't have to take it again. Omg.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Pneumothorax

Forum Lieutenant
You don't have to take it again. Omg.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

So bottom line if u come from outside fl and have ur NR already u should be good to go.? The website is a bit confusing

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
So bottom line if u come from outside fl and have ur NR already u should be good to go.? The website is a bit confusing

Did you read the thread at all?

Yes. You should be good to go.

My question is shouldn't you be able to pass the national certifying exam at any point in your career without an issue? Why would it be such a big deal to take it again?

Andes101

Forum Probie
Florida does not honor the NREMT you would have to take the test again. Not hard especially if you're an EMT already. Most EMS is fire based. I work for a private company as a new EMT and starting pay is $10.25. The fire departments hire medics to work on the rescues but pay is better with a fire cert.

Hey if you dont mind me asking what part of florida is that company in south florida(like miami) or north(like orlando)

Traumjunk

Forum Probie
EMS in Florida is a mess right now. The Governor is killing the state retirement, and most agencies are going fire based. There are a few non fire based, but not sure how much longer they will last.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey if you dont mind me asking what part of florida is that company in south florida(like miami) or north(like orlando)

Orlando = North?? :p

Those of us who live there refer to it more as Central Florida....

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
EMS in Florida is a mess right now. The Governor is killing the state retirement, and most agencies are going fire based. There are a few non fire based, but not sure how much longer they will last.

Hillsborough County hires Paramedic onlys. Crappy pay, about 32k a year, but awesome protocols.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief

Florida fire departments declare war on non fire based services, creating websites and campaigns for it. Lee County, Polk County, are some of the last remaining.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Florida fire departments declare war on non fire based services, creating websites and campaigns for it. Lee County, Polk County, are some of the last remaining.

Manatee County is not fire based either.

Sasha

Forum Chief
What is the name of the three counties battling the fire depts right now? Valusia, Pinellas County, and Collier.

*Volusia