Flight paramedic interview scenarios?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
So you got an interview as a 3 year Medic without CFP or CCEMTP? Do you have any hospital unit experience of any type?
Neither of the local programs here care about anything but the three years of medic experience it seems. I am not aware of anyone having a critical care cert at time of hire in the past several years and these are not fly by night operations either (one is REACH operated and the other a quasi-hospital affiliated operation with I think seven aircraft and numerous ground transport).

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Neither of the local programs here care about anything but the three years of medic experience it seems. I am not aware of anyone having a critical care cert at time of hire in the past several years and these are not fly by night operations either (one is REACH operated and the other a quasi-hospital affiliated operation with I think seven aircraft and numerous ground transport).
Do they get hired for those ground spots though? Or do they get hired onto the aeromedical side?

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Do they get hired for those ground spots though? Or do they get hired onto the aeromedical side?

FWIW when I applied I had 12 years of experience in a high volume 911 and I got hired to the ground unit..

Of course, I don't work in an area where the company was trying to drum up business.. Not that this has anything to do with it *wink wink*

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Of course, I don't work in an area where the company was trying to drum up business.. Not that this has anything to do with it *wink wink*
Haha
I see what you did there.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Flight. Locally we have very limited ground CCT. One hospital provides it under the umbrella that their REACH aircraft falls under, but flight employees don't currently work ground shifts. The other, larger program has no ground presence in the region at all.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Flight. Locally we have very limited ground CCT. One hospital provides it under the umbrella that their REACH aircraft falls under, but flight employees don't currently work ground shifts. The other, larger program has no ground presence in the region at all.
Nice.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse

There is a CCT bus at the new campus, although it's peds only.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
There is a CCT bus at the new campus, although it's peds only.
Ah I had forgotten about Children's. Somehow for about 700k we have one adult and one pedi ground unit. Guess they trust us AMR folks 😆.

Obviously the Denver programs can come down and bring patients back to the motherships, but with Colorado Springs trying to to be the catchment hospitals for all of southern Colorado, something is going to have to give.

Flight for Life is hiring to do ground transfers between Pueblo and Colorado Springs which intrigued me, until I read that no critical care education is required.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
I think that EMS has been undervalued by many groups in the region for a long time, so I can't say that I'm surprised.

I think that regionally there probably isn't a need for tertiary/quaternary referal centers in southern Colorado, but there is certainly a need for a robust transport system to get them to appropriate care when they need it.

Even a lot of the hospitals locally are a bit lacking. IDK if things changed, but central didn't even have in house intensivist coverage 24/7.