Flight Medic Questions

cointosser13

Forum Crew Member
This pertains mostly to flight medics, but if anybody else knows the answer too don't be afraid to answer.

What were some clinically based questions that you had to answer during your flight interview process?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
This pertains mostly to flight medics, but if anybody else knows the answer too don't be afraid to answer.

What were some clinically based questions that you had to answer during your flight interview process?
Parkland Formula and apply it to a scenario, gas laws (they love to use Boyle's Law as it's most applicable) and how they affect you in flight, perhaps a scenario or two with lab values and how you would treat them accordingly.

There are far more seasoned flight people on here who I am sure can chime in with great pointers as well. A lot of what I recall from a service I had applied to a couple of years ago was stuff that would be, or was similar to my FP-C exam. I hope this helps.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I was told that the flight medic and flight nurse exam for AirMethods is the same, but I could be wrong. But I also had Parkland formula, ABG interpretation and vent adjustments, traumatic head injury, SDH/SAH, Swan numbers, and critical care drips/meds.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I was told that the flight medic and flight nurse exam for AirMethods is the same, but I could be wrong. But I also had Parkland formula, ABG interpretation and vent adjustments, traumatic head injury, SDH/SAH, Swan numbers, and critical care drips/meds.
This sounds about right. The company I referred to in my post is an Air Methods company in the state I live in, and that's pretty much spot on.

RocKetamine

Forum Crew Member
From what I can remember Parkland, drip rates, gas laws, pedi drug dosages, etc...
Didn't have any invasive hemodynamics or ABGs, but I might have just lucked out.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Sounds like the same test I had

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Advanced 12 lead interp was also done with mine, general critical thinking and austere environment questions (picking up in Mexico they give you this patient w/ this done, what do you think is wrong with them? that kind of thing)