Flight medic question regarding experience

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Hey everyone, question regarding flight paramedic experience. I currently have two years of ALS/911 experience in a busy system (8-9 calls in 12hr shift).
Next November will be my third year mark and I am planning on taking the FP-C exam next summer ( currently going through the IA Med course)

My question is, do flight companies look at years/call volume only or is employment status also looked at?
Next year I will be obtaining my bachelors and will have to go to part time status (4 shifts a month) at my 911 gig and am curious if this will effect my chances of getting on with a flight company

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Typically they require a minimum of 3 years of full time paramedic experience in a busy 911 system in the past 5 years.

They aren’t going to go and count all your calls you have had but they are likely to verify your years of experience with previous employers and they are likely to already know the call volume those employers average.

OP
OP
J

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Do you think going part time will prevent me from getting picked up in future?
call volume I should be okay with. I average 8-9 calls in a 12hr shift pretty much daily

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
As long as you have a total of 3 years combined full time you should be fine. If you are at 2 years full time and 1 year part time, then you may run into some issues.