First time EMT needs info!

BLS-upcomer

Forum Ride Along
Reaction score
I'm about to start turning my first application and it feels weird with my resume being so short. As a first timer, do company's expect to really see a long resume or is high lighting yourself and it being short ok? Also with a cover letter, how big is that weighed on? Should it always be included or as a first timer is a thank you letter better or both? If anyone has time to look over my resume I would be thankful. Also should I expect skills testing to be hired? If your reading this thanks for you time and help!!! I'm based out of CA.

Thank you again
-BLS-upcomer

In order to get EMT experience, you have to get an EMT job. Companies know that you have to start somewhere. My first EMT job(that i am still at) is at the best company in LA County imo. PM me your stuff and i will help you out.

Cant speak for your state, however all private services in the nashville area dont require skills test, just a week long orientation, about their specific rules and responsibilities. If your lucky enough to go through a hiring process for a 911 service, DEFINATLY expect a skills test, along with a written test based on your level of training.

It all depends on the ambulance company on what you have to do. I got hired at one place and didn't have to take any written or skills test and it was just 8-hour orientation. The other place I got hired at had a written test and a skills test just to get an interview. Then it was followed by 2 weeks of orientation with alot more tests during that time.

Back