First step taken, and a question

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
I am starting my First Responder course March 5th which is gonna be follow EMT-B! I am pretty stoked and I am currently awaiting the book in the mail. Has anyone of you guys used this book?? (Emergency: Care And Transportation Of The Sick And Injured [Student Workbook] Nineth edition) And perhaps any other books that you would recommend ?

technocardy

Forum Crew Member
titmouse said:
I am starting my First Responder course March 5th which is gonna be follow EMT-B! I am pretty stoked and I am currently awaiting the book in the mail. Has anyone of you guys used this book?? (Emergency: Care And Transportation Of The Sick And Injured [Student Workbook] Nineth edition) And perhaps any other books that you would recommend ?

Welcome to the forum!

I've used that book before as supplemental reading in my EMT course, and found it really helpful. I found it was laid out quite well, a lot of good tips and side information, but I think what I really liked about it was in the back, or front I actually can't remember you scratch off this silver protection screen (like a lotto scratch to win) and it reveals a unique code, where you can go to the website, enter it in, and have a whole lot of other access. Overall, it was a pretty great book.

In terms of other books, for the FR course I'm sure that will do you plenty, I'd start with that, and it should answer all your questions for the FR course!

-sorry for the sloppy reply, I'm in a rush to get to a meeting but I'll be back!

TyBigz

Forum Probie
Might be to much for a first responder course as it is geared toward paramedics but the teacher of my EMT-B course let me borrow his book: The 60 Second EMT. It is a great way to look at calls and it is very useful in thinking of how you will treat your patient and the options you have and what caused the pt to be how they are. Just a thought.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

Just curious, but why are you taking the FR course before EMT-B? If you are intimidated by the EMT-B "coursework" and want to feel it out with MFR first that's fine but rest assured that you can be just as good of an EMT without first taking the MFR course.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Just curious, but why are you taking the FR course before EMT-B? If you are intimidated by the EMT-B "coursework" and want to feel it out with MFR first that's fine but rest assured that you can be just as good of an EMT without first taking the MFR course.

The FR class is a requirement before taking the EMTB class. I just got the book and it is a work book, so I assume most of the info will be provided in the lecture. Still find it odd that the class does not have a text book.