First interview! Got the Job!

EMTSic

Forum Probie
I took my first interview ever with CARE ambulance in Orange and got the job! I start next month!

Any advice for a new hire like me?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I took my first interview ever with CARE ambulance in Orange and got the job! I start next month!

Congratulations. Just make sure that you as any and all questions that you may have.

Tommerag

What day is it?

Don't kill anyone :p

joness

Forum Probie
Congratulations! I had the same thing happen here in Denver, everyone keeps telling me to know my protocols, and ask tons of questions. your FTO should always be willing to answer your questions or explain what is going on

OP
OP
E

EMTSic

Forum Probie
Loving it! Really a great group of people. Everyone is always in such a good mood, much different from other ambulance companies. I think the biggest thing about them is that they really do care about their employees.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
For Care, is it true that to do 911, you have to do the ift's for one year?

It was when I worked there, but it was hours based, I think you needed 1000 hours on the "private side" and then you could move to "fire side". So the more OT you worked the better it was for you.

OP
OP
E

EMTSic

Forum Probie
Right now I am considered a floater for the first 3-4 months, so they kinda just throw me on whatever they need, then once I get enough hours I can start bidding on permanent IFT or 911 shifts.