First In Compton

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Reaction score
Anyone catch it? I wanted to see it but was on shift... Anyone happen to have a stream of it?

Great show, waite! did they mention if the medics had any two year degreeslol, or that tatoos where frowned upon, well I guess we can see how the dual role status is the best system in the world.^_^

Anyone catch it? I wanted to see it but was on shift... Anyone happen to have a stream of it?

Found online streams! Look at first post, two episodes up now, watching now.

http://www.bet.com/OnTV/BETShows/firstin/firstin_video.htm??Referrer={F538EA1D-1840-40AB-81F4-05B7066C33A8}

Ouch! 3 minutes into the second one. No c-spine? Can Cal. madics r/o c-spine in the field?

Ouch! 3 minutes into the second one. No c-spine? Can Cal. madics r/o c-spine in the field?

It sounded like her complaint was abd pain with pregnancy. And her car didn't look too bad. So that's probably why. And I'm pretty sure medics can ro c spine.

EDIT: Haha, they did the arm drop test in the second one... I wonder how long until some arm chair expert calls it abuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: Haha, they did the arm drop test in the second one... I wonder how long until some arm chair expert calls it abuse.

Annnnnnnnnd................go! Timer is running. :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great show though!

Annnnnnnnnd................go! Timer is running. :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great show though!

I liked it actually! Nice seeing some realistic stuff every once in a while.

EDIT: It's also First In: Compton ... Makes me wonder if they're going to go the 'beach patrol' route and do lots of cities?

EDIT: It's also First In: Compton ... Makes me wonder if they're going to go the 'beach patrol' route and do lots of cities?

Maybe. That would be cool. (Although it could be not so cool also:P) I'd like to see Seattle or SD.

Nice show, except, it shows some things that shouldn't be on camera. Not anything related to the calls they go on. In the first episode, it looked like the "ambulance operator" blew through a red light at a high speed and the Battalion Chief was using his cell phone while driving.

When going code, I generally like to make a complete stop at a red light and proceed at a safe speed(10-15 mph). The cellphone usage, in my opinion, is just irresponsible. We are exempt, however, one must think of public opinion.

I see that stuff everyday at work, nothing new to me.

Can someone explain to me what an "ambulance operator" is in Compton and why the narrator felt like saying it so often?

It is just that, they are emt-B's that operate BLS ambulance. I believe they are contracted through a private company, but are stationed out of the fire house.

I wonder how they work in those little type 2 vanbulances!!! :wacko:

Did that cop flattening the PCP user not strike anyone as being a little unprofessional. Not that I wanna get into an argument about the reality of being a cop on the street of compton but from a publicity point of view, I would have thought that the department wouldn't wanna show that. Isn't it sort of ...illegal...or something to be punching people when you have all that other gear you could hurt them with:P?

just saw the first 3 episodes omg this show is cool wish they had one for other areas but its cool they got one for SO CAL YAY

Great show, waite! did they mention if the medics had any two year degreeslol, or that tatoos where frowned upon, well I guess we can see how the dual role status is the best system in the world.^_^

Page me when LA County protocols start becoming anything close to progressive. Hell, page me when LA County paramedics stop being required to make base hospital contact for anything more serious than a stubbed toe.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe because its a rather new venture? not quite sure. but its not private some large socal departments have found it to be more productive. (glendale, compton, long beach) plus the a/o's get paid w/ great benefits while gaining their emt exp, learning station duties and operations and setting them on the right path to become a ff.

GRRR the videos won't play on my computer >:(

Looks like a great show

Back