fire school

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Aug 22 2005, 11:12 AM
Wingnut..I was trying to Use my Feminie Charm to lure him in...you know, eye batting and all...then once he was a'rubbin...then I'd break out the big stuff!!!

LOL :D :p :D
Smart Girl!!!!! :D

ECC

Forum Captain
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Aug 21 2005, 07:55 AM
Rubbing it a little might help!! :D
Come a little closer... :p ;)

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Don't know the specific hours here, but we have 2 of our members in the weekend program at one of the local acadmies. They started last October and graduate on 9/11. Yup...11 months of all day every Saturday and Sunday (with a couple off for holidays).

The full-time academy, which is a M-F daytime deal runs 3-4 months.

We're implementing an in-house FF1 course through the department on our normal drill schedule (every Wednesday night and 2 Fridays a month) and it looks like it'll take 2 years for someone to get through it assuming they come to every drill.

ECC

Forum Captain
It takes one semester here...in Suffolk County NY (where I came from), there was only about 20 classes...I forget though.

emt/fr

Forum Probie
what is there to learn? put the wet stuff on the red stuff . They just teach the basics and it is up to your dept for the additional training. We have two nights a month for training at the dept, plus extra stuff once in a while, like water rescue,pump practice,extrication training. etc.... that we do on weekends. As far as fires go, we get maybe two structure fires a year. Most of our stuff is extrication. Seperate training for hazmat and which we all have had already.