Fire EMS vs Private/hospital based

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Billing. That's the difference between a fire department and a private service.
Our transporting fire departments bill the exact same way my private company does...

Carrie Lendon

Forum Probie
Our transporting fire departments bill the exact same way my private company does...
And this is exactly why he can write a whole paper on this. Medicare vs UHC preauths vs Medicaid. Township millage vs cost of private transport. You can call a private company and have them quote a cost of a "made up transport"

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
And this is exactly why he can write a whole paper on this. Medicare vs UHC preauths vs Medicaid. Township millage vs cost of private transport. You can call a private company and have them quote a cost of a "made up transport"

I don't think a minor billing difference will flesh out the OPs 10 page paper.

And, FWIW, many fire departments I know use the same billing company that privates use. The billed costs are the same. And several fire departments I know of run IFT, billing to support the service.

There are so many variables in each type of department and service, there is no way to do a true compare and contrast

Carrie Lendon

Forum Probie
I don't think a minor billing difference will flesh out the OPs 10 page paper.

And, FWIW, many fire departments I know use the same billing company that privates use. The billed costs are the same. And several fire departments I know of run IFT, billing to support the service.

There are so many variables in each type of department and service, there is no way to do a true compare and contrast

10 pg paper on billing is easy. Heck there's an entire degree program on medical coding and billing. There's a lot involved in billing. And EVERY place is different. Profit non profit. Just got to do the research.

OP
OP
W

WyMedic

Forum Crew Member
10 pg paper on billing is easy. Heck there's an entire degree program on medical coding and billing. There's a lot involved in billing. And EVERY place is different. Profit non profit. Just got to do the research.
I think that it would be super interesting to learn about it, frankly as a medic I don't know a lot about the billing and I wish I knew more. I ended up submitting the topic as prehospital triage. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk