1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our Store is open, now with t-shirts and keychains. Click on STORE in the top menu.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.
    Dismiss Notice

FF Parole Crews

Discussion in 'EMS-Related News' started by Fido198674, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Handsome Robb

Handsome Robb Youngin' Premium Member

Education:
    Paramedic
    If they're part of an inmate crew, yes, you're correct.

This story is about an ex-con who was on an inmate crew then made parole and now works as a Wildland FF.

It then goes on to talk about seeking funding for a parolee hand crew. Which means they've made parole and are now out of prison thus no requirement for a CO as part of the crew. They're no longer in custody if they're a parolee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NysEms2117 likes this.
  2. NysEms2117

NysEms2117 Parole officer/EMT

Education:
    EMT
    thats not parole then o_O:rolleyes:. @Handsome Robb said the bit i was going to say as well

3. DrParasite

DrParasite The fire extinguisher is not just for show

If it's a paroolee crew, why does the dept of corrections need to be involved? And by that I mean, prisoners are cheaper, and parolees could try to get hired, if they can pass the background check

4. Handsome Robb

Handsome Robb Youngin' Premium Member

Education:
    Paramedic
    They don't? I never said they did...

The article talks about DOC crews as well and how the prisoners involved in DOC crews do better than those who just sit in prison serving their time. Right after it mentions asking for a budget for parolee crews.

I'm assuming the DOC may be involved as it could potentially be a part of Parole & Probation a la @NysEms2117

You wouldn't need COs to supervise the team but parolees do still have to check in, making it part of P&P could streamline that process. Doesn't mean a P&P officer has to be present, just that it's part of that budget and has oversight from that department. That's pure speculation though at this point since the article didn't go into detail as to who they were asking to provide the money.

NysEms2117 likes this.
  5. NysEms2117

NysEms2117 Parole officer/EMT

Education:
    EMT
    Hey uhm dr parasite. I work for NYSDOCCS, in the capacity of a state parole officer. New York State Department of CORRECTIONS and Community Supervision. When people are on parole, they still get watched and observed... If I had a caseload and 8 people worked the same shift in the same place, would it make logical sense to go there to do 8 work visits(since that's part of our job description, but I'm sure you knew that) at once.