Feds Look Into Fake Hospital Inspectors

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Feds Look Into Fake Hospital Inspectors

WASHINGTON (AP) - Federal authorities are looking into three closely bunched incidents in which people posing as inspectors were caught nosing around hospitals in Boston, Detroit and Los Angeles.

No arrests have been made and there is no evidence to suggest that the cases are linked or that there is a tie to terror groups, federal officials said.

"We do not possess any specific intelligence that there is a terrorism nexus to these reports," Homeland Security spokeswoman Kathleen Montgomery said Friday.

[Read More!]

Summit

Critical Crazy
"I am Khaleed Sheik Mukbar al Jabbi. I am here to inspect your hospital's soft underbelly... er... I mean... quality of care. Can I have some MSO4?"

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
This is a B.F.D. folks. Most ED's have made the charge nurs, registration and ecurity staff aware of this, and I just saw a JACHO-issued memo yesterday in a local ED that says JACHO is also taking this very seriously. Any JACHO personnel who show up for an unscheduled inspection will have their official JACHO ID's and a letter signed by a specfic JACHO VP explaining WHY they are there.

Anywhoo. Stay safe, and keep an eye out.

Jon

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by Summit@Apr 24 2005, 10:35 PM
"I am Khaleed Sheik Mukbar al Jabbi. I am here to inspect your hospital's soft underbelly... er... I mean... quality of care. Can I have some MSO4?"
ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by Wingnut+Apr 25 2005, 09:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wingnut @ Apr 25 2005, 09:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Summit@Apr 24 2005, 10:35 PM
ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
LOL - your "laughing" makes me laugh.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by Summit@Apr 24 2005, 10:35 PM
Amazing! :lol: :lol:

This was on the local news, and it happened at four local hospitals. They chased on person down but never caught up with them.