FDNY EMS Candidates

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Got the call exam #7000 list numer # 19x. In my personal experience be honest with your investigator. Dont worry so much about the not and on oustanding status. Good luck to those who still waiting. If you love being an emt the wait is worth it.

I assume you deferred the last class?

scu1993

Forum Ride Along
For those that went through the process. What should we expect in the days we have to go to metro tech before the academy starts?
Paper work day at metro tech you just fill out a bunch of forms and take your id pictures and department photos. Quartermaster day at the fort is when the fun begins and you meet your DI's. Just listen to everything they tell you and don't drop anything.

scu1993

Forum Ride Along
Has anyone else heard anything about there not being a summer academy for current EMT's?
They have a class of Cadets going in after February. It's a civil service exam where they will take there EMT original through fdny and then go through the academy.

Emscan321

Forum Probie
When will the next promo to fire be... I’m 25 now I’m kinda nervous I think I’m gonna be cutting it close to aging out

Emscan321

Forum Probie
Think it was October it came out but basically the same thing lol. I mean I should be good then by like 6 months. Is there any chance they give one sooner than that?

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
So if the filing comes out Aug 2020 then I should be fine then

Right. The months may be a bit different. But I think you will be ok. August is towards the end of the year so I wouldn’t think filing would be any later than that on the next one.

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
Enjoy the journey. It feels like a long one but just take it day by day. If you follow commands and directions, you will be fine. All about uniformity and discipline. Keep your heads up and never give up.
Thanks.
What was the PT like?
I heard for fire you had to run 1.5 Miles in 12 minutes, 30 push ups in a minute, 3 sit ups in a minute

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Just a little word of advice for those starting, and those who will be in future classes. Take this from someone who has no issue with people bettering themselves and taking the fire promotional. But there are people who are very against it. With that said, when you start doing your rotations and when you hit the street, make it a point not to harp on those goals. And especially don’t say something like “I’m only here to transfer to fire”. Remember, you gotta do at least 2 years on the street before you transfer over. They can be an unpleasant 2 years if you piss off partners.

Trainee7014

Forum Ride Along
Does anyone know what’s going on with the trainee process? I received a call from their recruitment department (‭(718) 559-1100‬) the first week of Jan letting me know that the scores are out. Also, to expect to receive an invite to the PAT through the mail...The same number called twice this week which I missed. Are they calling me mistakingly? I called ‭(718) 999-3369‬ already and they’re not helping much.

Silver67

Forum Ride Along
I assume you deferred the last class?
I am a EMS candidate from exam #7000, list number #10x. I finished my process and paperwork back in August and was preparing for October's academy. I didn't get in. I was skipped. I received a letter in the mail mid November saying "You were considered and not selected for appointment or promotion to three separate vacancies. Such ineligibility is only for the above-named agency (FDNY). Therefore, you can be recertified to that agency only upon that agency's request."
I've been calling my investigator and the FDNY main number and no one wants to tell me what this letter means. They keep telling me the only person who can tell me is Peggy. But she is never available any day of the week......can anybody tell me what this letter means?

Silver67

Forum Ride Along
I am a EMS candidate from exam #7000, list number #10x. I finished my process and paperwork back in August and was preparing for October's academy. I didn't get in. I was skipped. I received a letter in the mail mid November saying "You were considered and not selected for appointment or promotion to three separate vacancies. Such ineligibility is only for the above-named agency (FDNY). Therefore, you can be recertified to that agency only upon that agency's request."
I've been calling my investigator and the FDNY main number and no one wants to tell me what this letter means. They keep telling me the only person who can tell me is Peggy. But she is never available any day of the week......can anybody tell me what this letter means?