FDNY EMS Candidates

AronSham

Forum Probie
Got called for the academy last week and still didn't receive any paperwork in the mail. Should I be concerned? Did anyone not get it either?

AbbasM55

Forum Probie
Ive received the same paperwork twice sent out last week and sent out two days ago, and I got called two weeks ago for oct 16th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
What's are the requirements for running, push up, and sit ups?
Like how many do you have to be able to do?

There’s no set “requirements” just do your best and don’t give up, if you can’t keep up and have to code 10 you’ll be taking a trip to BOH to get medically cleared that you’re physically capable to do the job

Ericmark

Forum Probie
I have a question and hope someone can give me some advice.
Im starting the academy on the 16th and im in the 3-11pm class. Will i have time to work some mornings at my current job a few hours a week? How much take home studying and reading will be expected?

Thank you

Rory

Forum Crew Member
To my knowledge I don't think you are allowed to work a second form of employment while in the academy or first year (not 100% sure about the first year)

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I have a question and hope someone can give me some advice.
Im starting the academy on the 16th and im in the 3-11pm class. Will i have time to work some mornings at my current job a few hours a week? How much take home studying and reading will be expected?

Thank you

Yes you can.
If you can keep up with the studying and make sure you get to the academy on time, some have tried, but ended up leaving their job, risk of getting hurt, to tired to keep up with the academy, etc. sure you can work your job. Make sure you leave enough time for yourself , the academy and work.
Just make sure it doesn't interfere.
Good luck on the 16th.

AbbasM55

Forum Probie
I read on my letter that it’s best to not have to drive there if possible?

That’s in regards to the metrotech dates, fort totten has plenty of parking. When I drive to metrotech, I usually put it in a lot, it’s 20 bucks for the whole day.

Patel92

Forum Crew Member
That’s in regards to the metrotech dates, fort totten has plenty of parking. When I drive to metrotech, I usually put it in a lot, it’s 20 bucks for the whole day.

I remember parking on like Fulton and then just walking over but I was more concerned about parking at or by Fort Totten.

AbbasM55

Forum Probie
Oh Fort Totten is full of parking, my instruction letter told me that it’s fine to drive there. I feel that some people didn’t receive an instruction letter along with their official “congrats” letter.

Last edited:

AbbasM55

Forum Probie
I remember parking on like Fulton and then just walking over but I was more concerned about parking at or by Fort Totten.

My letter says, “You may drive to the EMS Academy and free student parking is available.”