FDNY EMS Candidates

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Where did you hear this?

Its not TRUE. Its a RUMOR. I've heard from my union delegate at my station that, the union wants to increase the time on ems before promoting.

mlbfdny

Forum Crew Member
The automated message said the last eligible appointed list number was 318.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
I see, I have been trying to contact my investigator to no avail. Some contact info and education info needs to be updated on my portfolio but my investigator never picks up his phone. I hope this doesn't mean that I am not able to join fdny, I assumed if I was rejected I would be contacted either my phone or mail... damn

jb12780

Forum Crew Member
I see, I have been trying to contact my investigator to no avail. Some contact info and education info needs to be updated on my portfolio but my investigator never picks up his phone. I hope this doesn't mean that I am not able to join fdny, I assumed if I was rejected I would be contacted either my phone or mail... damn
Call 718-999-2169 and ask for your investigator.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Interesting, im list# 25X on 6003 and still haven't heard anything

Listen, don't sweat it and just hang tight, they never call in number order as many of us found out in the past. don't go by the automated number it is not updated as it should and just makes people panic.
remember no news is good news, if they have a problem they will contact you. missing paper work they will contact you, calling them like mad will only piss them off. Remember they are also screening other candidates. best advice I can suggest to you is email them, you are most likely to get a quicker response from them.
Heard the class going on right now ends next week on the 8th, they will be taking a short break and call for a March class.
Those calls will most likely be out at the end of Feb.
Again remember no news, is good news.
Good luck
Patience, keep busy and outta trouble.
Hope to see you in the streets in the future.

graycord

Forum Crew Member
ATTENTION !!!

To all who are graduating in Feb and future classes.
As well as anyone who is still a probie.
DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON INSTAGRAM while you are inside of the RIG, in uniform on the job, call etc.
METROTECH is cracking down on accounts ( One in particular @FirstRespondersOfNYC ) who find FDNY employees posting while on the job.
Ask yourselves " IS GETTING REPRIMANDED OR LOSING YOUR JOB WORTH IT ? "
Have had a couple of friends get reamed from higher ups already, SO DON'T SET YOURSELVES UP.
Wearing the uniform is something to feel proud of and the job gets your adrenaline pumping, let that be enough for your ego.
STAY AWAY FROM SOCIAL MEDIA while on the job.

Good luck to all and stay safe.

Yep. Someone who posts here is finding out an extremely hard lesson. Don't be that guy or girl. Just think always that anything you post anywhere on the internet will be read by someone on the job.

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.c...ind-the-wheel-of-ambulance/amp/?client=safari

Interesting.
Has he posted here since?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Interesting.
Has he posted here since?

Posting and asking questions is one thing here on this forum, but posting pictures of yourself in uniform inside a rig, Call, etc on social media, IE; Facebook, Instagram, when FDNY social media policy tells you not to, and you do.
Then you face the consequences.
That is my warning to all new probies going in. DON'T DO IT !!
As for him posting here recently I haven't seen, for his sake he is better off.

He made a mistake in doing so, it doesn't make him a bad guy. just a poor choice in judgement.

Like I said before, wearing the uniform and the job is adrenaline pumping should be enough to feel good about oneself.
The one you have to impress is your Mother, not John Q public.
You are there to do your job and go home.

Last edited:

mlbfdny

Forum Crew Member
Listen, don't sweat it and just hang tight, they never call in number order as many of us found out in the past. don't go by the automated number it is not updated as it should and just makes people panic.
remember no news is good news, if they have a problem they will contact you. missing paper work they will contact you, calling them like mad will only piss them off. Remember they are also screening other candidates. best advice I can suggest to you is email them, you are most likely to get a quicker response from them.
Heard the class going on right now ends next week on the 8th, they will be taking a short break and call for a March class.
Those calls will most likely be out at the end of Feb.
Again remember no news, is good news.
Good luck
Patience, keep busy and outta trouble.
Hope to see you in the streets in the future.
Thank you sir, I hope to see you on the other side.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone know when about the calls should start to go out for the next academy?