FDNY EMS Candidates

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Wow that's incredible. So you're saying there's a chance?

6003 #12X
Yes. My friend is 13X and got called. I'm one number above him and I didn't get called so they're not going in order.

emtjw32

Forum Probie
Yes. My friend is 13X and got called. I'm one number above him and I didn't get called so they're not going in order.

Not to beat this topic to death but does anyone know what reason they would have to not go in list number order (assuming everyone has all their information and has passed the pat, psych, med, etc)?

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
Not to beat this topic to death but does anyone know what reason they would have to not go in list number order (assuming everyone has all their information and has passed the pat, psych, med, etc)?
I honestly think it's because it's not one person making the call. It's probably a group of supervisors who get allotted certain group numbers. Also maybe some work on saturdays and maybe some dont.

Joseph taye

Forum Probie
I have a question that crossed my mind, what would happen if i applyed to fdny as bls then decided to do paramedic school in the mean time? Does my application become invalid? Will they hire me as bls then switch me to als after a certain time frame? Would they take me straight as als? Or would i have to reapply as als when the test comes out?

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
I have a question that crossed my mind, what would happen if i applyed to fdny as bls then decided to do paramedic school in the mean time? Does my application become invalid? Will they hire me as bls then switch me to als after a certain time frame? Would they take me straight as als? Or would i have to reapply as als when the test comes out?
You would work as BLS

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Hey everyone. Haven't been on this in a while. Hope all is well.
For those in the academy now, when do you graduate?
And for those waiting, what list and number are they on ?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Hey everyone. Haven't been on this in a while. Hope all is well.
For those in the academy now, when do you graduate?
And for those waiting, what list and number are they on ?

Hey Matt !
Graduation is suppose to take place on the 27th and new class starts on Oct 31st
Seems they are still calling off the 5003 list and low 6003 numbers.
Passed on all of what you told us when we were waiting to the new crew going in.
How you been ? and brother I am glad it's over lol

Joeyzee

Forum Probie
Tomorrow is Monday and the calls will continue. Again like before please update the rest of us if you receive a call. Just tell us your test number and list number:) hope it wasn't too stressful of a weekend for all of us wondering if we will get the call soon or not lol

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Hey Matt !
Graduation is suppose to take place on the 27th and new class starts on Oct 31st
Seems they are still calling off the 5003 list and low 6003 numbers.
Passed on all of what you told us when we were waiting to the new crew going in.
How you been ? and brother I am glad it's over lol

Wow. They're pushing them out quick. You guys should start working on the 30th or 31st too. You'll most likely have Friday sat off since new week starts Sundays.

But I'm doing well. I'm on the 12 hour pilot right now and it is amazing. Working 2 weeks a month and every other weekends off. It's pretty chill.

What stations did you guys do rotations at?

Sweet Tee

Forum Crew Member
Wow. They're pushing them out quick. You guys should start working on the 30th or 31st too. You'll most likely have Friday sat off since new week starts Sundays.

But I'm doing well. I'm on the 12 hour pilot right now and it is amazing. Working 2 weeks a month and every other weekends off. It's pretty chill.

That's great! I heard they are bringing 12hr shifts back but only in select stations for now

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

Nice to hear !!
Nice if we get Friday Sat off.
Did rotations in S.I.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
That's great! I heard they are bringing 12hr shifts back but only in select stations for now

Yes. They're testing out 12 hour tours. 2 stations in each borough gets the pilot program. I hope it sticks. It's getting really good feedback from most people that are on it.