FDNY EMS Candidates

FdnyEms1077

Forum Ride Along
Heard the next academy after July is September. I was at my medical when they told us that. Also if you didn't take your psych the next one is next month, so any **** for 6003 to sneak in July is looking slim.

What about early 6003? Like numbers 1-100

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
I know the whole thing about outstanding and not outstanding for the DCAS automated number. I've heard too that not outstanding means you're process is complete but I just called and I'm not outstanding as well. I'm on 6003 list number #13X so I find that hard to believe that my investigation is complete especially when I just had a consultation with the psychologist regarding medication use on Tuesday. I am done with the entire process and I've been investigated since late April but still.

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
Guys I have one question - let's say I get a shot at "April emt academy" but my life is a bit busy and I won't be able to handle it, could I just ask to be switched to a later academy down the road? Like all the way in January or something?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Guys I have one question - let's say I get a shot at "April emt academy" but my life is a bit busy and I won't be able to handle it, could I just ask to be switched to a later academy down the road? Like all the way in January or something?

You just stumped me with that one.
Do you mean July academy ? or October academy and just want to defer to a possible January academy ?
A friend of mine did it, and they deferred him to a later one, But not sure if they do it all the time,
Anyone ?

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
You just stumped me with that one.
Do you mean July academy ? or October academy and just want to defer to a possible January academy ?
A friend of mine did it, and they deferred him to a later one, But not sure if they do it all the time,
Anyone ?
That's why I placed it in quotation marks, I was being hypothetical with what I was saying, the point is I want to defer to a later academy because of the possibility of the academy overlapping with medic school, and I'm not even sure if I will go to medic school anyway, but I just wanted to know my options

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Anyone know when we get the rest of our apparel? Like the dark blue shirts aND everything else with our names on it?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
That's why I placed it in quotation marks, I was being hypothetical with what I was saying, the point is I want to defer to a later academy because of the possibility of the academy overlapping with medic school, and I'm not even sure if I will go to medic school anyway, but I just wanted to know my options

Gotcha ! I am pretty sure you can, as I stated before my friend deferred to a later class due to school priorities.
Good luck

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant

Im almost positive you can

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone know when we get the rest of our apparel? Like the dark blue shirts aND everything else with our names on it?

You're in the academy now, right? You get everything at the end. You'll drop off what you have to have patches put on (your BI jacket, long sleeve shirts, personal ppe gear) and pick up everything else (golf shirts).

Also, yes. You can defer your appointment.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Wow you think so huh? Damn. I figured we'd sneak into October easy.

It all depends how many people go into this academy. They went through about 400 numbers to get 180 people and they want to do possibly 240 this time so there's a chance 6003 see's October.

Robert447

Forum Probie
I'm on 6003 list number 42x and I got my medical date for July 8th... Any info I should know what to expect? And how long does it usually take. I'm scheduled for 645 am

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
I'm on 6003 list number 42x and I got my medical date for July 8th... Any info I should know what to expect? And how long does it usually take. I'm scheduled for 645 am

Blood work, vision test, hearing test, pulmonary exam, drug screening, a sit down with one of their doctors and more paperwork. I may be missing a few things

Nsanc123

Forum Probie
I live in florida right now and got called to do the physical in may but couldnt makr it so i hadda put my application on hold but now i hadda call dcas to put me back on the list and reschedule and they said it should be sometime in september, im in school right now and it finishes in october so what are my expected time ranges to potentially be in the academy list #low 9xx #6003

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
What did everyone wear to the medical? It says not to wear certain things, just wondering what others wore so I dont look like an odd ball

Stavie670

Forum Lieutenant
What did everyone wear to the medical? It says not to wear certain things, just wondering what others wore so I dont look like an odd ball
A lot of people wore suit and tie...... Not a good idea as you will be taking your clothes off a lot. I wore jeans and a polo shirt.... Do not show up in shorts!!!

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
When are academy dates and how long is expected time to be in academy after the physical?

Dates are posted one page back I believe. And it is all dependent on your list number. They are trying to fly through 5003 So hopefully sometime next year for you