FDNY EMS Candidates

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
When I got my call for the academy I was not on an outstanding certification so don't worry about that! and rumor has it that they're trying to make the next class 240 they're trying to work out the logistics to see if it's even feasible so don't be surprised if it's more then 180

Str8dope

Forum Probie
Question team, I got my intake interview date (in 1 weeks) How long after that will i be entering the academy?

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
Yes you do. It's a separate title with separate requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does this also mean if you take the promotional to FF that you do all the hiring process steps again? Wouldn't fdny have all your info anyway? Interesting

FdnyEms1077

Forum Ride Along
Heyy guys, I have been a long time lurker but never participated in this thread (Selfish I know). On monday I saw your convo about the automated dcas system so I was curious myself. I was ON an outstanding certification about 2 weeks ago but when I called on Monday it now says in NOT on an outstanding certification. I have had a relatively smooth process. I also talked to my investigator the same day in the afternoon and he said my number will probably be reached, and calls will start going out Monday the 27th.

Test:5003
Number:109X

FdnyEms1077

Forum Ride Along
And as for the cards expire during the academy, I dont think what you guys put is true, I think you haveto have a valid card THROUGHOUT the whole academy, (or atleast till you take the state in the academy). Fernando, do the automated system and see if your outstanding or not. If you are u gta refresh, if not then ill cya in July!

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Does this also mean if you take the promotional to FF that you do all the hiring process steps again? Wouldn't fdny have all your info anyway? Interesting

Everything all over again. That is correct. Any promotion you take in the city that changes your title you go through all the steps again.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
They told us last night they're raising the age for fire for the promotional exam to 34 or 36 they're not sure yet.

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
They told us last night they're raising the age for fire for the promotional exam to 34 or 36 they're not sure yet.

No. They're attempting to pass a bill which would raise the age to 36. This has been attempted before in the past as well if you google it.

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Its Usually something like this. January, April, July, October. BUT this april class thats in right now confirmed that the academy is longer now, so we have no way of knowing. The only time your ganna know for sure is when the current Academy is about to end, somebody will know when the next class starts

Okay, thank you for the info

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Question team, I got my intake interview date (in 1 weeks) How long after that will i be entering the academy?

All depends on your list number. There are still 700+ people on exam 5003 they have yo get through before they touch anyone on exam 6003

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
Everything all over again. That is correct. Any promotion you take in the city that changes your title you go through all the steps again.

Now I wonder if any instances of someone getting denied a promotion for failing a hiring step they previously passed that would be unfortunate

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Now I wonder if any instances of someone getting denied a promotion for failing a hiring step they previously passed that would be unfortunate
happens many times firefighters are peace officer positions which require a more thorough background check and certain things allowed in ems are not allowed for fire.

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
happens many times firefighters are peace officer positions which require a more thorough background check and certain things allowed in ems are not allowed for fire.
so ems may hire someone with a criminal history is what youre saying?

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
so ems may hire someone with a criminal history is what youre saying?

Not necessarily but things such as moving violations and some medical conditions are overlooked in EMS while fire won't allow. I'm sure people do get on with misdemeanors for EMS but not for fire.

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
Not necessarily but things such as moving violations and some medical conditions are overlooked in EMS while fire won't allow. I'm sure people do get on with misdemeanors for EMS but not for fire.
Thats unfortunate, I hope something pretty minor like my unique situation in HS I wrote about a few posts back isnt a problem when the time comes, since it would be so far in the past and I wouldve passed drug tests since I was 19. Guess I'll see when the time comes

Stavie670

Forum Lieutenant
Heard the next academy after July is September. I was at my medical when they told us that. Also if you didn't take your psych the next one is next month, so any **** for 6003 to sneak in July is looking slim.