FDNY EMS Candidates

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Do we get drug and alcohol tested again for the Psych? I know I did for the medical and physical.

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
Had a quick question for all you current fdny emts...if you take the open competitive firefighter exam and you get called while your working fdny ems do you still have to do the whole process again? (I.e: background, psych, medical etc.)

Stavie670

Forum Lieutenant
whats a certificate of good conduct!!!

also i got my medical letter and not my psych letter? any reason for this??

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Had a quick question for all you current fdny emts...if you take the open competitive firefighter exam and you get called while your working fdny ems do you still have to do the whole process again? (I.e: background, psych, medical etc.)

Yes you do. It's a separate title with separate requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
Yes you do. It's a separate title with separate requirements.

Sort of piggy backing on that, im asking this for a friend im with if you know the answer. By the time he takes the promotional test in the fall he'll be a month from turning 27. Would he start the application process for firefighter before his 29th birthday so he would make the cut off? Hes really worried about this lol

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Sort of piggy backing on that, im asking this for a friend im with if you know the answer. By the time he takes the promotional test in the fall he'll be a month from turning 27. Would he start the application process for firefighter before his 29th birthday so he would make the cut off? Hes really worried about this lol

Yes you just need to file for the exam prior to your 29th birthday and then serve 2 years of EMS.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Is your friend an fdny emt on the job right now?hes gonna take open competitive and the promotional exam? He needs to not be 29 before the date of filing.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
So just a quick question. Recently I had an asthma attack caused by extensive exvercise while being sick... Is this something I NEED to disclose, or is it something I can let slide.... I don't want to be medically DQ'd for something that doesn't happen that often

Fernando

Forum Crew Member
So just a quick question. Recently I had an asthma attack caused by extensive exvercise while being sick... Is this something I NEED to disclose, or is it something I can let slide.... I don't want to be medically DQ'd for something that doesn't happen that often
It never happened..... I would delete this off here as well btw. Incase investigators checking this

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant

I don't think asthma can disqualify you from EMS. Fire definitely not allowed.

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
It's 15 credits or 6 months of satisfactory work experience to get promoted to be fireman.

Your right, I just saw it on the website. This wait is killing me! We're not even ganna hear anything until July cause the academy starts so late in the month. When it gets close to calls going out does your investigator call/email you saying anything? Or if I make it, am i just ganna get "the" call? I understand no news is good news

pvtjs

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, candidate way down on the list on 6003 here. I got two speeding tickets this year, and got into a fender bender when I was 16. Is this going to DQ me? Any current EMT's get hired with traffic tickets on your record? FDNY is my dream job so I have a lot riding on this, plus I'm going to be traveling across the country.