FDNY EMS Candidates

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Hey April guys how much do you bring home in the academy? Im just ganna go out on a limb and say its about $400 a week, so is it about 800$ a check? Also plz let me know what class you in (am/pm) cause night diff
1300 and after taxes and fees night is around $900 and am is low $800's

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
Ahhhhh thats so little im ganna be broke lol. Its good thou, Being an EMTB in the FDNY is the perfect stepping stone for FF or Medic School. Its an increadle job. Especially for you young people

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain

840 for am class after taxes and stuff. but before your deferred comp and the amount you take out for mcu (if you choose that option)

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
840 for am class after taxes and stuff. but before your deferred comp and the amount you take out for mcu (if you choose that option)

Is that weekly or biweekly? I will probably be taking public transportation down there every day if I can't save enough for a car and insurance by July

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Yup. Public transportation til the end of the academy for me
You can't rely on that nobody takes public transportation there get a buddy and carpool bcuz once you're split up your going somewhere diff everyday almost randalls island, totten, rotations so a car would be reliable if u can swing it by July

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
I went in a little over a week ago for my intake, had sent some papers to my investigator on Monday overnight to her. When should I hear back from her? Should I call her to make sure she received it? What's the next step?

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Its being professional if you do.
Thank you for your opinion, I called to make sure it was received. I know it's a slow process but didn't want to seem like I was pestering her.

NyEMT86

Forum Probie
Hey folks any idea what exactly goes into a "statement of support and activity from self". I guess I can put the jobs I've had but what else are they looking for. Thanks for any shared advice.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Hey folks any idea what exactly goes into a "statement of support and activity from self". I guess I can put the jobs I've had but what else are they looking for. Thanks for any shared advice.

Statement of how you supported yourself. I am assuming you held multiple part time positions that do NOT show full time hours? If parents have helped support you after high school then your investigator will need a statement from them too

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Thank you for your opinion, I called to make sure it was received. I know it's a slow process but didn't want to seem like I was pestering her.

Not a problem bro, it's best to be certain than to leave things to chance sometimes. I'm not saying call your investigator multiple times to confirm the same documents are in. However if anything happens be sure to update your investigator. It looks better on you if you approach your investigator than hiding it until they find out on their own.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
All my jobs have been full time jobs. Thanks for your advice.

Not a problem bro. They just want to know how you supported yourself. Don't get too into detail on your employment. Just state how you supported yourself and you're good