FDNY EMS Candidates

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
I just called DCAS and I'm not on outstanding cert, list 41X, keeping fingers crossed...

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
I just called DCAS and I'm not on outstanding cert, list 41X, keeping fingers crossed...
That's exactly what happened to me you'll definitely get called soon with that list number prob by the end of the day being they started so early

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
I was about to start calling my Investigator panicking bcuz conditionsboss list number was higher than mine and got called and after reading all these horror stories of ppl being skipped i was nervous lol and I was looking up the number on my phone for my Investigator and than the phone rang from a 718-999 number and it was the offer so if u don't get a call by Friday def call and see what's up

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
What do they exactly ask you when they call?

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
What do they exactly ask you when they call?
they first start by asking if anything has changed as for employment, address, tickets, accidents, arrests, pending charges etc. and I said no that's when she said she is offering employent and they read a statement about benefits and salary etc than u pick dates

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
they first start by asking if anything has changed as for employment, address, tickets, accidents, arrests, pending charges etc. and I said no that's when she said she is offering employent and they read a statement about benefits and salary etc than u pick dates
no wonder why it takes so long to get calls out.

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
I was about to start calling my Investigator panicking bcuz conditionsboss list number was higher than mine and got called and after reading all these horror stories of ppl being skipped i was nervous lol and I was looking up the number on my phone for my Investigator and than the phone rang from a 718-999 number and it was the offer so if u don't get a call by Friday def call and see what's up
The suspense is already killing me lol.

Medman1117

Forum Ride Along
If I remember well enough they where going through numbers very fast for the January class but it seems as though they are moving slow now.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Question, do you have to have all your paper work in order and the packet filled out by the your intake?

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Question, do you have to have all your paper work in order and the packet filled out by the your intake?
Yes if you want to be taken seriously! Have everything in order if ur missing 1 or 2 things u should be ok but u have to come back to give stuff I would recommend having everything u can with you though

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Spoke to a friend that works admin in fdny hq he said majority of this class graduating and next class is being stationed in the BX :( due to transcare going under...

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Spoke to a friend that works admin in fdny hq he said majority of this class graduating and next class is being stationed in the BX :( due to transcare going under...

How do you get stationed anyway? Do you get to choose?