FDNY EMS Candidates

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
How do you get stationed anyway? Do you get to choose?
You get a wish list #1 being most requested station #2 second choice and so on, if anyone of those have a demand you'll go there if there's a high demand such as the bx desperately needing ppl you will get stationed even if it wasn't on your list or live no where near there

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
You get a wish list #1 being most requested station #2 second choice and so on, if anyone of those have a demand you'll go there if there's a high demand such as the bx desperately needing ppl you will get stationed even if it wasn't on your list or live no where near there
You get 6 choices. It goes by division. Fill out your divisions in the order you'd like but It doesn't matter. Majority of this class and April class even more so will be going to the Bronx. Good luck to you guys

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Where are these divisions/stations? is there a map of what each covers?

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
You get 6 choices. It goes by division. Fill out your divisions in the order you'd like but It doesn't matter. Majority of this class and April class even more so will be going to the Bronx. Good luck to you guys
Damn that's the reason I turned down NYPD dispatcher job offer bcuz it's in the BX.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
your "dream sheet" really doesn't mean anything. You go where they need you (the Bronx). That's why the class is 180 opposed to the usual 120

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
your "dream sheet" really doesn't mean anything. You go where they need you (the Bronx). That's why the class is 180 opposed to the usual 120
So I googled and it said there is 5 divisions in NYC but u said 6 choices so what would the the 6th spot be?

tia89

Forum Crew Member
o so i got my call today thank God. nye dept. of corrections turned me down so i have to officially move on. I'm happy for everyone who got their calls. i picked the morning class because so many good reviews for passing

tia89

Forum Crew Member
Yeah you'd be surprised some people actually want communications, especially if fire is your goal they actually recommend it, less wear and tear on the body and chances of getting into trouble while you wait.
so ur saying if ur plan is to be a ff the best thing to do is request for communications? so they give u a bunch of choices?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
My buddy chose Emd because of that reason, less wear and tear on your body and less chance of a risk of getting hurt

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Yeah you'd be surprised some people actually want communications, especially if fire is your goal they actually recommend it, less wear and tear on the body and chances of getting into trouble while you wait.
Yeah that's true but IF and when u get to a firehouse, that follows you. They'll know u sat behind a desk for 2-3 years and didn't do much. To each is own, do what u want. Go to the street and work. Or sit behind a desk and gain 30 lbs and not pass the medical for fire haha. Good luck and congrats to you guys and girls getting your calls. Any questions feel free to ask

Conditionsboss

Forum Crew Member
so ur saying if ur plan is to be a ff the best thing to do is request for communications? so they give u a bunch of choices?
They give you a "wish list" where you list the order division you would prefer but they can send you anywhere. It's up to you but if fire is your goal you may want to go to emd but stay in shape like fdhopefull33 said. Not saying you must go to emd if fire is your goal, you can go to streets but just try to take care of yourself. Congrats again Tia, I also chose am class so see you in a few weeks!

Fdhopeful

Forum Crew Member
If you go promotional and you can't do cfr stuff as a probie, I would think you would look stupid. That's why I went to the street.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
o so i got my call today thank God. nye dept. of corrections turned me down so i have to officially move on. I'm happy for everyone who got their calls. i picked the morning class because so many good reviews for passing
Congrats if u don't mind me asking how can you be turned down for corrections?