FDNY EMS Candidates

Woodenspoon

Forum Probie
Just follow directions. They send us 3 different letters telling us what to do and wear. For those of you who are saying don't wear the "shiny ones"....my shoes and boots are both shiny because the letter said all are supposed to be polished daily!

Anyone leaving on Tuesday from Westchester County for the PM class inbox me. Maybe workout a car pool or study thing.

See you all tomorrow. Good luck everyone. Don't forget the money order!

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
so everything for tomorrow as far as I know: work boots, work pants, long sleeve light blue shirt with fdny collar insignia, tie with fdny tie clasp, jacket with last name on it, and hat if u got one. and I think we gotta put that star of life insignia on the hat. I'm not sure on that. then notebook, black in pens, wristwatch, bookbag for materials. and lunch. think that's it

No you don't put the star of life on until you graduate

Heyfdny

Forum Probie
besides what it says in the letter to wear/bring tomo, so do we bring our red bad with ppe gear/fdny gym clothes and flip flops for showers?!? i didnt know we had to take showers there

Mach1

Forum Ride Along
besides what it says in the letter to wear/bring tomo, so do we bring our red bad with ppe gear/fdny gym clothes and flip flops for showers?!? i didnt know we had to take showers there

Yes we bring our red bad with PPEgear/FDNY gym clothes and toiletries item to shower. Good thing they make us shower because I would hate to have to wear uniform after a workout.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
How was day 1

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I just got back from my medical and Frank said there was a Feb 14, class ( don't know how true this is, but came from the man himself )someone asked a question if their number 107X would make it for that class and he said more than likely for April or July class,
And just an FYI was thanked by a few for dressing as one would for a job interview. So if you haven't done your medical yet, just a word they do take in to fact of your attire.
They are sticklers when it comes to the BMI factor someone was just 1 point at 26 and was told he needed to lose 10 pounds, a few others got hit with it as well. so watch your food intake and cardio it up til you get to your medical.
good luck to all who started on Jan 11th class. and hopefully I'll get to meet some of you soon.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I have my interview next Wednesday and I wanted to know how long it is and what consisted of the interview.

Its not really an interview. You do a lot of paper work. You sit in the auditorium and fill out forms and go over forms that youve already filled out. Also, someone is there to photocopy all the paper work you brought in. Then you go up and meet your investigator and you go over the forms with him/her again. Long day, but try to get there early because you can get out early. Dress properly (for an interview). I got there at 7 and a few people were already ahead of me. Good Luck

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I also heard that Angelina from Jersey Shore applied for FDNY EMT. So maybe you'll see her

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
I just got back from my medical and Frank said there was a Feb 14, class ( don't know how true this is, but came from the man himself .

Frank has been spot on with anything he's ever said, at least what he had told my group.

I just got a call from an investigator that wasn't mine, verifying nothing has changed for me as far as my current employment and asked me to send a letter about a previous employer that she thinks got lost in the shuffle, since I already gave it in a while ago.

EMS402

Forum Probie
I had my medical yesterday and Frank also told my group that they do an academy every 10 weeks...... I guess that debunks them only doing 3 academys this year? AND Peggy Quin (In charge of hiring) said every 10 weeks. She also gave me cool info on EMT-B to Medic. She said you can apply to it every year and it usually takes people a few applications to get in. So for you young guys I deffiently recommend it.