FDNY EMS Candidates

Fdhopeful

Forum Crew Member
Do u have a set shift, same hours everyday pretty much? And I heard until I get off "internship" you can't work overnights..this true? Thanks
Yeah you have the same schedule everyday. You can work overnight only on overtime. You find out your station and schedule one day before graduation.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Yeah you have the same schedule everyday. You can work overnight only on overtime. You find out your station and schedule one day before graduation.
Three baby blue dress shirts..one navy shirt that says fdny and fdny on the back, and 5 pants, sound about right ? Should I have gotten more dress shirts?

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
The way you guys are describing it makes it sound so exciting! Omg lol well for now I'm just waiting to take my road test so I can get a job with assist and get the heck out of Wendy's asap..hopefully anyway. I have about a year and some change before I get into the academy so yeah guys keep the updates coming lol

bemt

Forum Ride Along
What's up guys?
I'm new to the forum,going to orientation on monday!
Good luck to all the candidates going through the process!

Heyfdny

Forum Probie
silly question but we have those 2 different pins and clip thing, which one do we use and where on the shirts we put them on? -.- also do we wear our hats on monday?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
silly question but we have those 2 different pins and clip thing, which one do we use and where on the shirts we put them on? -.- also do we wear our hats on monday?
The 2 circular star of life pins go on each side of the collar. Right and left side. Tie clip goes on the tie, that's it, the star of life for your cap doesn't get put on until after you graduate

Heyfdny

Forum Probie
The 2 circular star of life pins go on each side of the collar. Right and left side. Tie clip goes on the tie, that's it, the star of life for your cap doesn't get put on until after you graduate
thanks alot bro that was very helpful lol, but what about the hats do we wear on monday or just the baby dress shirt under our jackets?