FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Quick question to people who already did the intake interview.

How should I dress? I'm guessing people came in, in business attire and business casual?

Thanks

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
Quick question to people who already did the intake interview.

How should I dress? I'm guessing people came in, in business attire and business casual?

Thanks

I heard if you come in anything less than a Suit and Tie they will send you home

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
I heard if you come in anything less than a Suit and Tie they will send you home

i wore a suit.. most wore suits... those that didnt shave or wore jeans got the worst looks i have ever seen. like kill you through a wall looks. WEAR A SUIT AND BE CLEAN SHAVEN lol. oh and rememeber to get there early. you have to be there at 8, i was there at 630 and was the 3rd person there. they take you in the prder you arove and sign in!

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
i wore a suit.. most wore suits... those that didnt shave or wore jeans got the worst looks i have ever seen. like kill you through a wall looks. WEAR A SUIT AND BE CLEAN SHAVEN lol. oh and rememeber to get there early. you have to be there at 8, i was there at 630 and was the 3rd person there. they take you in the prder you arove and sign in!

You wait outside or they let you7 in?

Also what time were you finished with the interview?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Im 16x btw, guess this means I passed the intake I was a little nervous lol, but my investigator works fast even after having to send in some paperwork.

Imagine you get in the June July academy haha

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
So got my medical and psych letters today too! Moving much much faster than i thought it would. Medical on the 15th at 6:45a and psych on the 17th at 8:15... almost done guys... Hey DFD, you think they are actually expecting us to make the July academy? They are moving like a cheetah that snorted some coke. Lol

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
So got my medical and psych letters today too! Moving much much faster than i thought it would. Medical on the 15th at 6:45a and psych on the 17th at 8:15... almost done guys... Hey DFD, you think they are actually expecting us to make the July academy? They are moving like a cheetah that snorted some coke. Lol

Just got mine as well, although my Medical is on the 16th. And one can only hope they push us through for July, but I'll take whenever!

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Congratulations to anyone that got their psych and medical letters.

Quick question for my friend, can he have a pennsylvania drivers license?

Thanks

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
Congratulations to anyone that got their psych and medical letters.

Quick question for my friend, can he have a pennsylvania drivers license?

Thanks

Is the emt card new york because i kno the guy at our investigation said theres no residency requierment, but you do need a new york state emt card

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
Is the emt card new york because i kno the guy at our investigation said theres no residency requierment, but you do need a new york state emt card

you need a new york state emt card but residency doesn't matter so it doesn't matter that he has a PA license

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
you need a new york state emt card but residency doesn't matter so it doesn't matter that he has a PA license

Hell i have an RI license lol. As long as your privilege to dive in the state of ny hasn't been suspended or revoked you should be ok.