FDNY EMS Candidates

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Level 6 or 7.
Its 59 steps a minute for 3 minutes and 2 seconds, before tjat its a, I believe 30 second warm up with a minute rest. Both are done with the weighted 40pd vest. It's the first exercise you do

It's 1minute warmup then 45second rest then 3minutes 2seconds. I think it was all at 59 or 60 steps a minute

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
It's 1minute warmup then 45second rest then 3minutes 2seconds. I think it was all at 59 or 60 steps a minute

its been a month ago and I already don't remember the specificS haha . the most trouble I had was the bicycle Wheel ergonometer because I did not Pace myself, I think they require a minimum of 300 rotations if you start out strong and fast you might not make it to the end

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
its been a month ago and I already don't remember the specificS haha . the most trouble I had was the bicycle Wheel ergonometer because I did not Pace myself, I think they require a minimum of 300 rotations if you start out strong and fast you might not make it to the end

the bicycle is 210 rotations in 2mins as long as you do one rotation a second you'll be fine

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
the bicycle is 210 rotations in 2mins as long as you do one rotation a second you'll be fine

It wasn't 300? That's what I heard, I wasn't keeping count while doing it haha, sorry for the mistake

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
It wasn't 300? That's what I heard, I wasn't keeping count while doing it haha, sorry for the mistake

I tried keeping count. Was like 101, 102, 103, 10.. cramp!! Ouch cramp! Keeping going! Where was i? Cramp! Lol

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Anyone else here has their intake may 6th at 8am?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
intake = investigation/interview right ? how long after your physical did you get the letter/date

Yup.

I had my physical on march 30th I believe, and my intake is may 5th, they also had one on April 14th but I missed it by a few numbers

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Hey lukgiel..What did u score on 4004 to get a list number in the 200s, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks. Good luck with everything man

And if anyone knows if having an 8 hour evoc class..only in classroom evoc..not driving the ambulance. Does that count as the 5 points toward the emt test. Got certificate and something frm national traffic safety for insurance deduction and 2 point reduction on license. Does this count for the 5 points..this evoc? Sorry for the essay lol thanks in advance guys. Best of luck

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Hey lukgiel..What did u score on 4004 to get a list number in the 200s, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks. Good luck with everything man

And if anyone knows if having an 8 hour evoc class..only in classroom evoc..not driving the ambulance. Does that count as the 5 points toward the emt test. Got certificate and something frm national traffic safety for insurance deduction and 2 point reduction on license. Does this count for the 5 points..this evoc? Sorry for the essay lol thanks in advance guys. Best of luck

I received 80 points.
I put down CEVO, Volunteer VAC and Hazmat awareness.

Which ones they counted, I do not know.
It seems they count both CEVO and EVOC
So you should get those 5 points

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Yeah dude. Gonna be applying this september. Hopefully this time next Year I'll be getting called for the physical. All depends where at 75 I stand..list number wise. We shall see man lol. What academy class are u looking at with a sub 250 list number

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Yeah dude. Gonna be applying this september. Hopefully this time next Year I'll be getting called for the physical. All depends where at 75 I stand..list number wise. We shall see man lol. What academy class are u looking at with a sub 250 list number

Hopefully September.
Get volunteer experience to get an extra 5 points
Join a. Transport company that also does 911, 911 can give you from 5 to 25 points I believe depending on how long you do it
Hazmat ops is also 5 points

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Don't u have to be volunteer for a year or something like that? And if you live in the 5 boroughs. Where did u find a course that does hazmat operation level to get the points. Can't find any. And I'm gonna volunteer. I'm with a private ambulance company in Brooklyn but won't get points for that because I won't have a year experience before september.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Don't u have to be volunteer for a year or something like that? And if you live in the 5 boroughs. Where did u find a course that does hazmat operation level to get the points. Can't find any. And I'm gonna volunteer. I'm with a private ambulance company in Brooklyn but won't get points for that because I won't have a year experience before september.

I think aa year of volunteer
They do hazmat courses in LI, I was a volunteer firefighter so it was paid for

You don't get points for doing transport, you can only get points through 911 whixh is a hospital, either stand alone like maimo or Presbyterian or beth israel thru transcare or brooklyn hospital thru seniorcare etc

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Aright yeah. I get what your saying brotha. Thanks a lot. Gonna look into hazmat courses in long island.

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
im 492, waiting for my intake letter now...depending on how many people fail and back out im hoping for a 2013 class

curryb15

Forum Crew Member
I am a 623 right near you going for my agility text sat May 10th. I am also hoping to get in a glass this year. One of the medics at my firehouse is a fdny EMS lt who works in the academy and seems to think September is a real possibilty but who knows