FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

whereswaldo

Forum Ride Along
I was given the option and I chose the pm class. Congrats though to those of you who got in!! Your guys' orientation is the 21st @ 8am right?

Last edited by a moderator:

EmtMacho

Forum Crew Member
Quick question has anybody who got in for the 4/21 class got a letter yet from FDNY? Cause my investigator told me I would receive a form and to fill it out but I've got nothing

bam5

Forum Crew Member
Hey Everybody

Got my physical this Sat

anyone going ??

Last edited by a moderator:

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I just found out that people with list #s 210s and up (I'm 25X) will have their intake investigation in May. Letter should be received next week.

I got this information from fdny ems candidate investigations

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
I just found out that people with list #s 210s and up (I'm 25X) will have their intake investigation in May. Letter should be received next week.

I got this information from fdny ems candidate investigations

Mines this coming wed at 8am.... getting kinda nervous lol

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
Quick question has anybody who got in for the 4/21 class got a letter yet from FDNY? Cause my investigator told me I would receive a form and to fill it out but I've got nothing

i got something in the mail today, didnt get a chance to open it yet.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

ksquire222

Forum Crew Member
They look over your paperwork and documents, make sure everything is ok and there

It's pretty painless. Just bring in all your paperwork. They look through everything, and let you know if you're missing anything or if you need to provide any additional documentation. Do your fingerprints, and you're out of there.

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
It's pretty painless. Just bring in all your paperwork. They look through everything, and let you know if you're missing anything or if you need to provide any additional documentation. Do your fingerprints, and you're out of there.

Ok cool. Been going over my paperwork daily lol. Just to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. Just not good worth interviews lol, i tend to stumble over my words a lot and get nervous. But give me psych pts or hurt/during people and I'm fine... go figure!

ksquire222

Forum Crew Member
Ok cool. Been going over my paperwork daily lol. Just to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. Just not good worth interviews lol, i tend to stumble over my words a lot and get nervous. But give me psych pts or hurt/during people and I'm fine... go figure!

It's not a typical job interview in which they throw the "why do you want to work for our company?" type questions. You'll sit with the investigator, and they may ask you questions pertaining to your documentation. Could be for clarity, so it's not anything you wouldn't know about yourself. My investigator didn't say much to me at all, and then I never spoke to her again after that day. To be honest, I'm not even sure why they call it an interview. You don't have anything to be nervous about.

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
It's not a typical job interview in which they throw the "why do you want to work for our company?" type questions. You'll sit with the investigator, and they may ask you questions pertaining to your documentation. Could be for clarity, so it's not anything you wouldn't know about yourself. My investigator didn't say much to me at all, and then I never spoke to her again after that day. To be honest, I'm not even sure why they call it an interview. You don't have anything to be nervous about.

Cool. thanks

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
What kind of background history do they really care about? My criminal history is clear outside of a speeding ticket I just got. But my financial history is not as good as I would like. Should I have anything to worry about?

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
They only care about any criminal convictions for ems. Any traffic violations you get you have to list too.

i dont have any speeding tickets or anything, just 1 parking ticket. should be fine right? lol