FDNY EMS Candidates

CFal

Forum Captain
Enjoy carrying your added weight of that chair up the 100 flights...

Can't go down if you don't go up first.

that's what the power is for, the EMTs can actually ride it up the stairs on the way to the call :rofl:

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Enjoy carrying your added weight of that chair up the 100 flights...

Can't go down if you don't go up first.

We can power it up the steps too, actually we've found it's the only way to it upstairs, it's heavy and awkward unless the tracks are down and you're moving under power..

And sorry, I should have included a smiley or something in my original response, it comes across much more rude than I intended it to.

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
What you mean "special"? Just fill it out properly. No white out or mistakes. Go slow.

Yea I made copies before I started it just incase. I'm done now just was making sure. Hardest part was remembering dates for the past employment section.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Was there anything special we were supposed to do or not do when filling out the cpd packet?

The cpd packet I am guessing is given after the physical and what is it for?

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
I dont know if this was asked already, but i checked my status with DCAS over the phone and i was told that i am on the list and have an "outstanding certification". anyone know what that means?

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Sounds like you're certification is great. Super-duper.

:/

It means you either
a: don't have a required cert
Or
b: have an expired required cert

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
oh really? we that sounds better. I know my EMT cert does not expire for another year.

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
I dont know if this was asked already, but i checked my status with DCAS over the phone and i was told that i am on the list and have an "outstanding certification". anyone know what that means?

How do you check your status?

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant

That's means your the next group to be called. If your in the middle of the process your going to be completing the rest of the process. If your finished with everything then that means your going to be in the February class which is the next class to go in. As per " head honcho" when I went for my orientation in September. The class is rough. You must keep up with academics and physical training. I'm in my 3rd week and its just getting harder. I already take my state next week for them. Whoever fails the final gets kicked out. Plain and simple. People already dropped out because they said it was too much for them to handle. Too strict and they are stern when they need to be. So when you get in just make sure to stay under the radar and study. Also..... Sart running now..... Just saying.

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
The cpd packet I am guessing is given after the physical and what is it for?

It's the packet they give u when you complete the physical test. All your personnel info goes in it. Past employment, education, military info, residency info stuff like that.

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
That's means your the next group to be called. If your in the middle of the process your going to be completing the rest of the process. If your finished with everything then that means your going to be in the February class which is the next class to go in. As per " head honcho" when I went for my orientation in September. The class is rough. You must keep up with academics and physical training. I'm in my 3rd week and its just getting harder. I already take my state next week for them. Whoever fails the final gets kicked out. Plain and simple. People already dropped out because they said it was too much for them to handle. Too strict and they are stern when they need to be. So when you get in just make sure to stay under the radar and study. Also..... Sart running now..... Just saying.

That sounds great! thank you for the info. So i am in the middle of being processed pretty much? Although i haven't heard from any recruiters or got anything in the mail, or is that to come within the following months?

Congratulations btw.