FDNY EMS Candidates

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Received my intake letter earlier this week. List #46x. Has anyone rescheduled their intake date before? If so, was there much trouble with rescheduling? Not sure yet, but I may have to reschedule if possible.

Read my previous post. Someone I took my physical with tried to reschedule and 6 months later still hasn't gotten another date.

ksquire222

Forum Crew Member
Read my previous post. Someone I took my physical with tried to reschedule and 6 months later still hasn't gotten another date.

Did he/she miss it by not showing up, and then trying to reschedule? Or did they call in advance to try and reschedule?

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Did he/she miss it by not showing up, and then trying to reschedule? Or did they call in advance to try and reschedule?

I am not 100% but I understand that they calls and tried to reschedule

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

If FDNY is something you wanna do, wether to be a medic or become a firefighter, and there is a year or two of waiting, there is no reason as to why you can't make their dates. Rescheduling is like canceling, they move on to the next person and forget about you

steven9d3

Forum Crew Member
If FDNY is something you wanna do, wether to be a medic or become a firefighter, and there is a year or two of waiting, there is no reason as to why you can't make their dates. Rescheduling is like canceling, they move on to the next person and forget about you

thats not true at all.

some people are in the military or away in college and cant make their dates. they let you reschedule dates, it may hold you back a class but wont DQ you

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
thats not true at all.

some people are in the military or away in college and cant make their dates. they let you reschedule dates, it may hold you back a class but wont DQ you

So why was it that people rescheduled either the intake or physical and half a year later no response? I put of college for now, on hold, until I am in fdny and I can attend college around my work schedule, since I want to be a paramedic, but I don't want to start college and half way there my fdny schedule won't allow me to continue school and I am out $10000.

steven9d3

Forum Crew Member
So why was it that people rescheduled either the intake or physical and half a year later no response? I put of college for now, on hold, until I am in fdny and I can attend college around my work schedule, since I want to be a paramedic, but I don't want to start college and half way there my fdny schedule won't allow me to continue school and I am out $10000.

dont know everyone case, could be when the classes are. a buddy and i have 30 list number in between us and our physicals were 4 months apart. i personally know 3 people who had to reschedule and 2 of them missed one class and the 3rd rescheduled for the following day

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
Received my intake letter earlier this week. List #46x. Has anyone rescheduled their intake date before? If so, was there much trouble with rescheduling? Not sure yet, but I may have to reschedule if possible.

This is good to hear. This big cho cho train is moving again

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
dont know everyone case, could be when the classes are. a buddy and i have 30 list number in between us and our physicals were 4 months apart. i personally know 3 people who had to reschedule and 2 of them missed one class and the 3rd rescheduled for the following day

I see, I wouldn't take any chance as to miss anything or reschedule, why prolong an already long wait right?