FDNY EMS Candidates

Joulez91

Forum Ride Along
Most of the people from exam #4004 took their psych and medicals the weekend of May 16. We did back to back days I received my blood work in the mail but nothing else still waiting. The psych lukegiel is 587 questions of true and false super easy just a lot of repetition and stupid questions it was just a scantron test straight forward

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Most of the people from exam #4004 took their psych and medicals the weekend of May 16. We did back to back days I received my blood work in the mail but nothing else still waiting. The psych lukegiel is 587 questions of true and false super easy just a lot of repetition and stupid questions it was just a scantron test straight forward

My psych is june 1st, hopefully the medical is a week or two after that

Thanks

curryb15

Forum Crew Member
I'm on test 4004 list #62* and still waiting on my intake letter. I took my physical agility may 10th

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
just did the intake yesterday. how long now should i be waiting to receive my med/psych?

Current guess is month to 2 months

axpbob

Forum Crew Member
So ok the current class is done when? Is it the end june? Any roomers on the start date of the next class?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Next class starts July 28th
Then October after that.

Anything in September?
Is October the first class for people from exam 4004?

medic308

Forum Crew Member
Anything in September?

Is October the first class for people from exam 4004?

Current group ie.1-210 approx. is being canvassed for the July academy
Next academy will start around October. No exact date yet but my investigator said probably mid October.

wanderingnick

Forum Probie
For those who already went to take their medical/psych etc, how did you get to the location in Brooklyn. I live upstate and was wondering if it's easier to drive and pay for parking or take the train/bus down.

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
For those who already went to take their medical/psych etc, how did you get to the location in Brooklyn. I live upstate and was wondering if it's easier to drive and pay for parking or take the train/bus down.

Theres a parking garage across the street from metro tech, i think if get there before 10 its early bird special like 10 bucks all day or somthin to that affect, probably easyer than takin a train, unless you like subways

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant

Drove in from central New York myself. If you go kiddy corner from metro tech there is a tall silver apartment building with parking underneath it. It's $13 I think, but if you're at hq during the week they will validate it and drop it to $10. During the week there are parking garages everywhere. If you're down there on the weekend only certain places have parking.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

Just drive, I found street parking 10 minutes away from metrotech. Also, there are a lot of parking garages that charge $15 for parking for up to 10 hrs i believe

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Review of psych;

Me and my friend arrived at 715, roughly an hour earlier with around 10 people here, people kept on arriving until pretty much the whole room filled up.

The test you're given 4 hrs, you can easily do it in two. 586 questions if I remember correctly, and a booklet you have to fill out whether you were ever suspended from school or work, military suspensions and arrests, traffic tickets, similar to what you did at your intake

After you're done you can leave

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Review of psych;

Me and my friend arrived at 715, roughly an hour earlier with around 10 people here, people kept on arriving until pretty much the whole room filled up.

The test you're given 4 hrs, you can easily do it in two. 586 questions if I remember correctly, and a booklet you have to fill out whether you were ever suspended from school or work, military suspensions and arrests, traffic tickets, similar to what you did at your intake

After you're done you can leave

That's pretty much exactly how it goes.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Does anyone know if you can be DQ'd for being suspended in school? But otherwise no arrests and clean work history?

Also them asking about school suspensions etc, is that more for psych or part of background check?

Last edited by a moderator:

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know if you can be DQ'd for being suspended in school? But otherwise no arrests and clean work history?

Also them asking about school suspensions etc, is that more for psych or part of background check?

If you have gotten suspended and put it down they would probably just ask for a letter saying what happened. As long as its not something terrible I'm sure you wont get DQ'd for it.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
If you have gotten suspended and put it down they would probably just ask for a letter saying what happened. As long as its not something terrible I'm sure you wont get DQ'd for it.

That's the thing, it wasn't part of candidate investigations, it's the psych dept that handles that and my investigator said that he has nothing to do with it.
When I handed in my test, the lady saw it and did not ask for any papers.

I don't remember what I got suspended for, it happened a few times, most for cutting class, but school history shouldn't dq me when my two ems jobs are spotless, no suspensions or write ups or terminations, clear criminal record and no driving tickets, hell, we were all kids at one point :unsure:

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
That's the thing, it wasn't part of candidate investigations, it's the psych dept that handles that and my investigator said that he has nothing to do with it.
When I handed in my test, the lady saw it and did not ask for any papers.

I don't remember what I got suspended for, it happened a few times, most for cutting class, but school history shouldn't dq me when my two ems jobs are spotless, no suspensions or write ups or terminations, clear criminal record and no driving tickets, hell, we were all kids at one point :unsure:

lol i wouldnt have even mentioned it/worry

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Received my medical, june 11th