FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Do you know what the hours are for the night class?

The salary difference wouldn't make up for that 10k?

I save 10k by doing it through fdny and the instant salary bump which starts on the first day of medic school

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
2014 CS Exam

Anyone know when the next exam might be? I heard it may come as early as July? Why would it be so early?

I'm almost positive it will be, in the mean time work on some fema certs. You should have the required ones already and take a cevo3 course. Try and find a job if your not working now, a couple months of experience wont hurt. It's better than nothing good luck.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Ok koo hope this happens lol.

I wouldn't mind getting a call 20 minutes before class started due to the fact that somebody let's say dropped out:p

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Just received my psych letter, june 1st at 815

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
does anyone know how long it takes to get the results from the psych do you call and find out or do you just know when you get your medical letter

thank you

axpbob

Forum Crew Member
does anyone know how long it takes to get the results from the psych do you call and find out or do you just know when you get your medical letter

thank you

If you fail they will let you know if you pass they will not tell you any thing and you will get your medical date ....

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
If you fail they will let you know if you pass they will not tell you any thing and you will get your medical date ....

so if I fail they will let me know the same day I heard if you fail you gotta talk to a psychotherapist or whatever theier name is

axpbob

Forum Crew Member
so if I fail they will let me know the same day I heard if you fail you gotta talk to a psychotherapist or whatever theier name is

I am not sure I took mine like the first week of Feb 2014 ... and a week after I took the phyc I got a letter for the Medical for the last week of Feb 2014 ... and few weeks after that I got my results for the medical .... no results for the phyc ... i did ask when i was their and they said if you fail the phyc they would let you know about it .... hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I am not sure I took mine like the first week of Feb 2014 ... and a week after I took the phyc I got a letter for the Medical for the last week of Feb 2014 ... and few weeks after that I got my results for the medical .... no results for the phyc ... i did ask when i was their and they said if you fail the phyc they would let you know about it .... hope that helps

oh okay you're on exams 4004 right or 3024?
by the way do you know so the common issues that people fail the medical

thank you so much for all the help

axpbob

Forum Crew Member
oh okay you're on exams 4004 right or 3024?
by the way do you know so the common issues that people fail the medical

thank you so much for all the help

I am on list 3024 #92*

I have no clue ... as to how people fail the medical...

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I just called decs and it said on list 3024 they are up to # 849 ... FYI

Oh I see, I'm 25X on 4004.

when you took the psych it's just a written questions on a piece of paper do you get time to answer all of them or just as many as you can in the time allotted

axpbob

Forum Crew Member
Oh I see, I'm 25X on 4004.

when you took the psych it's just a written questions on a piece of paper do you get time to answer all of them or just as many as you can in the time allotted

i am a slow reader and i had plenty of time i answer all the questions the test is all multiple choice ... questions like do you like your mother and the ask it like 5 time in different ways... do you want to hurt your self again they ask it 5 times in different ways... the key is to be consistent and tell the truth ... unless your a total EDP i am sure you will do fine ... I am sure they take in to account that we are all crazy for going in to EMS cuz it's not for the money that is for sure

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
i am a slow reader and i had plenty of time i answer all the questions the test is all multiple choice ... questions like do you like your mother and the ask it like 5 time in different ways... do you want to hurt your self again they ask it 5 times in different ways... the key is to be consistent and tell the truth ... unless your a total EDP i am sure you will do fine ... I am sure they take in to account that we are all crazy for going in to EMS cuz it's not for the money that is for sure

oh I see but since you did the psych and the medical are you in the Academy now are you waiting for a phone call

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I am waiting :sad: I hope i make July i hope i do not get passed over....

passed over you mean they'll call you instead for let's say September or that they will skip you all together and have to apply again next year