FDNY EMS Candidates

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
Can anyone tell me how long the PAT usually takes?

I'm scheduled to take it within a few weeks and I wanted to know if it was like a 30mins - an hour thing or an 8 hour thing?

Also besides the 4 tests and some paperwork (hence bring a black pen) is there any thing else I should expect?

Thanks.
If you want to be one of the first out get there about an hour early.
When I did mine back in June I was there about 45 minutes before the start (think start was 8am) and was out by noon.
If you don't get there early expect to stay there till after 2pm

Valley42

Forum Crew Member

I'm scheduled to take it within a few weeks and I wanted to know if it was like a 30mins - an hour thing or an 8 hour thing?

Also besides the 4 tests and some paperwork (hence bring a black pen) is there any thing else I should expect?

Thanks.
When I went it started at 8am I got out at around 11-11:30am. Drink lots of water before you go for drug test. You can drink water there but only two cups. And you couldn’t start the PAT until you pee. They go over how you do all the stations before you start. And the sooner you do the drug test, then you can go get a number for the PAT with a folder. And they call in number order. 2 to 4 I think at a time. So if you want to be out quick be #1.

RR1991

Forum Probie

Thanks.

I remember them telling me that it wasn't a good thing that i drank coffee right before i got there. I forgot the reason why.

Cenzo22

Forum Crew Member
Im almost positive he's talking about getting called for academy. Because I'm exam 7000, list 48x and I finished the entire process and I'm justing waiting for the call for the academy

RR1991

Forum Probie
Im almost positive he's talking about getting called for academy. Because I'm exam 7000, list 48x and I finished the entire process and I'm justing waiting for the call for the academy
What happens during the background intake interview?

Sp3k3

Forum Ride Along
I’m talking about the academy. The background intake interview is just meeting your investigator and going over your background packet.

Jesus935

Forum Crew Member
Just for reference. I’m on exam #7000 list number 5XX and still haven’t gotten called.
I'm also 7000 6XX . Hopefully this month to pick up our uniform. Next class is on February. I heard they call 2 weeks before the academy start.

NewGuy67

Forum Ride Along
EMT Trainee List Confusion

So I've been talking to a bunch of different people at FDNY EMS investigators etc. I applied to the FDNY EMT Trainee position before I had my EMT certification now however I do have it.

Some people are saying its ok because I didn't have it at the time of applying, but others are saying otherwise. I'm not sure what to do... I'd love to be in the class going in this July, but... the last thing I want is to be disqualified for "fraud".

Anyone got any answers on this? I also applied to FDNY EMT this past September but that one is gonna take a good while.

fdnyemt1

Forum Lieutenant
EMT Trainee List Confusion

So I've been talking to a bunch of different people at FDNY EMS investigators etc. I applied to the FDNY EMT Trainee position before I had my EMT certification now however I do have it.

Some people are saying its ok because I didn't have it at the time of applying, but others are saying otherwise. I'm not sure what to do... I'd love to be in the class going in this July, but... the last thing I want is to be disqualified for "fraud".

Anyone got any answers on this? I also applied to FDNY EMT this past September but that one is gonna take a good while.
Do you have an investigator

Gohan

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys I received a list number for exam 7014 EMT trainee list number 8 hundreds does anyone know when will they contact me or us for the medical physical and psychological exams? I’m assuming that’s the next step

captainen

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys I received a list number for exam 7014 EMT trainee list number 8 hundreds does anyone know when will they contact me or us for the medical physical and psychological exams? I’m assuming that’s the next step
Should be soon. I’m list number 1xx and I did my Physical Agilty Test already...