FDNY EMS Candidates

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Anybody have any idea where they'll stop on the list, based on past ratio or number of people called to get 120 in a for july. Early on 5003, and the way it's going I'm losing hope in septemver and feeling like I'll be january. See what happens

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
For some reason they only made it to about 1200... That's ratio is terrible considering dcas said they are up to 1050 or so... It could also be that only a small sample size is on this forum and they could of gone past 1200.. I guess we will see when dcas is updated

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Unless I got skipped they didn't get much into 1200s....based on the past they should be calling into Friday, but ya doesn't seem like they made a dent on the end of 4004

Hunter118

Forum Captain
I'm thinking a lot of ppl deferred from April because they were still in school at the time and went in July . My friend that's on the job went in a July class and said they are usually small

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Just a wait and see game....really will be disappointing if they barely crack 1200 esp with all the classes they had this year

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Uhhhohhh. All u dudes from 5003 on here expecting to be on before the promotional and you're 200+, start praying lol

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
The promotional filing supposedly in the spring..aprilish..so early 5003 has a chance at january..they'll be aright. But you're right. Who knows

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
The promotional filing supposedly in the spring..aprilish..so early 5003 has a chance at january..they'll be aright. But you're right. Who knows
Whats the deal with the promotional again? One year before you can be transferred to fire? But you can take the test before your year?

Teej92

Forum Crew Member
Hi everyone.
I wanted to join in on this discussion. I'm on 5003 list number 51X. At this point I hope The January class is still an option. Billwill did you take your medical/psych yet?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
January class and in the 500s..highly unlikely. I'm early 100s and I'd probably be january. September gonna be rest of 4004 and maybe a few numbers into 5003..u need a day on fdny ems..out of the academy in a station..to take the promotional..but have to do 2 years to get promoted. So if the filing is in april and u don't make january class..gotta wait 4 more years..sucks but it is what it is

Teej92

Forum Crew Member
January class and in the 500s..highly unlikely. I'm early 100s and I'd probably be january. September gonna be rest of 4004 and maybe a few numbers into 5003..u need a day on fdny ems..out of the academy in a station..to take the promotional..but have to do 2 years to get promoted. So if the filing is in april and u don't make january class..gotta wait 4 more years..sucks but it is what it is
I thought the promotional was every two years? If that's the case I hope it's in the summer lol