FDNY EMS Candidates

johnny chimpo

Forum Probie
I made 1 call last week and left my investigator a message... she's good at what she does and I keep reading the delay is due to "final review " so I'm just patiently waiting. ..it's a new week so I hope by this week I get a call.... I will keep this forum posted as the rest of us is so eager.... ;))
Same with me although my investigator said it was in final review when I called. I moved
Two months ago and had to submit which additional paper work which they got last week. I am in the high 200's though so I am pulling my hair out.

emtlyfe79

Forum Probie
On my part...nothing has changed and I finished my process 4 months ago... my investigator had all my info so idk...everyone's process is deff different. .. I just feel concerned cause they called ppl after me so I'm like what is that is holding mine back to review to skip me :(

johnny chimpo

Forum Probie
On my part...nothing has changed and I finished my process 4 months ago... my investigator had all my info so idk...everyone's process is deff different. .. I just feel concerned cause they called ppl after me so I'm like what is that is holding mine back to review to skip me :(
Yep, people have been called after me. But I know I completed/passed everything and I have no felonies, big incidents at past jobs, etc. I dunno what it could be. It's nice to hear someone else experienced the same thing even though I hope you get called ASAP.

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
Yep, people have been called after me. But I know I completed/passed everything and I have no felonies, big incidents at past jobs, etc. I dunno what it could be. It's nice to hear someone else experienced the same thing even though I hope you get called ASAP.
This is one of my fears, that for some reason I will not get the call on time even though I have completed everything and have not heard anything from my investigator. I called once just to ask if anything was needed. She said no, just wait, and that no news is good news. I trust her but people are just that, people and people are not infallible.

bam5

Forum Crew Member
Hey everyone

I feel the same way my list number is 36x and I haven't received a call and I think I been pass on for jan classes

Call my investigator and get no answer

What do we do from here ?

johnny chimpo

Forum Probie
I am the type of person who automatically assumes I did something wrong. But really we can only wait. Just make sure they have everything they need that's the most you can do. Maybe some investigators turned their files in later, who knows. Hopefully we all hear soon.

emtlyfe79

Forum Probie
I'm glad to see im not alone on these feelings.... my thing is just try not to be so eager now n wait.... 1 thing is good is that we didn't get chosen for these two Classes in Jan cause they are now obligated to do dispatch off the back n I realllly wanna start off on the road... not saying dispatch is a bad thing but I won't mind that later on...but I understand feb is a 50/50 with it being dispatch and road crew

True42

Forum Crew Member
To KettleBell, emtlyfe, Bam5, and Johnny Chimpo. Guys. This is how it is with the FD. The biggest thing to do now is practice patience and occupy yourself until you do get a call. This is my third time going through this process. These are the 2 outcomes, it's either they call you or they WILL give you an explanation as to why you got skipped. Both times, they had reasons for me. Take breathers. And prepare yourself for the next round of calls on or after the 26th.

True42

Forum Crew Member
And I forgot to mention that they normally let you know beforehand if it's a discrepancy. Also they'll give you time to rectify it. Take my advice to busy yourself and keep your phone close! Stop being so anxious!

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
To KettleBell, emtlyfe, Bam5, and Johnny Chimpo. Guys. This is how it is with the FD. The biggest thing to do now is practice patience and occupy yourself until you do get a call. This is my third time going through this process. These are the 2 outcomes, it's either they call you or they WILL give you an explanation as to why you got skipped. Both times, they had reasons for me. Take breathers. And prepare yourself for the next round of calls on or after the 26th.
I know that I shouldn't expect a call till March and that it is a waiting game at this point. It partly comes from the fact that I went through the application process with PD and they ALWAYS needed something. Sometimes they need duplicates of things that I already bought them. This application with FDNY as been easy, almost to easy from what I am used too. I know it is silly to be worried.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
I know that I shouldn't expect a call till March and that it is a waiting game at this point. It partly comes from the fact that I went through the application process with PD and they ALWAYS needed something. Sometimes they need duplicates of things that I already bought them. This application with FDNY as been easy, almost to easy from what I am used too. I know it is silly to be worried.

What happened to the PD?? You didnt want to follow through?

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
What happened to the PD?? You didnt want to follow through?
I withdraw my application after I finished everything and was awaiting appointment to the academy. I always had second thoughts and just decided that law enforcement was not for me. I get more enjoyment form helping people this way in EMS.

johnny chimpo

Forum Probie
And I forgot to mention that they normally let you know beforehand if it's a discrepancy. Also they'll give you time to rectify it. Take my advice to busy yourself and keep your phone close! Stop being so anxious!
First off thanks for the info. You're right. I've patiently waited through the October class and then this class. I've stayed in touch with people who were in the same intake as me and they all received offers. I think part of it is due to my current job being so ridiculously terrible my plan was to just rough it til I get notified. One thing though is that it seems everyone I have talked to got asked
About January and was allowed to defer but did not get a definite offer yet for feb. not sure what exactly is going on hopefully there is still time.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Im curious to know why exactly have u gone through the process 3 times ? What are reasons as to why they skip over people ?

True42

Forum Crew Member
Im curious to know why exactly have u gone through the process 3 times ? What are reasons as to why they skip over people ?

The first time I was skipped over because as they were gathering those for the academy, my investigator retired. They then had someone call me to let me know that I had to go through the process again. I then had to take the PA and Med again. Ms. Peggy Quinn personally made sure I didn't take the psych again because my first one didn't expire. She also reassured me that I would be in the following academy.. 1 1/2 weeks before that academy, I received a letter saying that I was disqualified for having a health issue that they found at the Med. Now they accept my issue and I'm supposed to be looking forward to the Feb or April Academy. 65X

True42

Forum Crew Member
My fault.. Also if you get in trouble, tickets, DUI, arrested. You will be Postponed or DQ'd! So be careful! No fights and driving under the influence my friends!

bam5

Forum Crew Member
Update

I was finally able to speak with my investigator

She explain to me that anyone who emt certificate card expires at the end of the year.
Need to go to a refresher course which is starting to begin in Feb class

Glad that mystery is solved

emtlyfe79

Forum Probie
Keep the updates coming.... :)
I know that issue don't apply to me...mine expires 2016....I will keep this posted if I find out anything too.... jus being patient :cool: