FDNY EMS Candidates

sfdgnasty453

Forum Crew Member
Not sure if this helps... I am in the Academy right now we are done on Oct 10th

Thanks for the heads up. Have you heard what the next academy start date is? We were all under the impression that it was the 6th.

axpbob

Forum Crew Member
Academy is not so bad just a pain in the ***... it's a game you just have to do what they tell you to do and keep your mouth shut "don't complain"... I will ask around I did hear the 6th too....

sfdgnasty453

Forum Crew Member
You mean maybe the 13th? The 16th would be mid week. Maybe the 6th is the week that they are doing the orientation day and when you get all of your gear? Hopefully someone gets the call soon so we know for sure!

sfdgnasty453

Forum Crew Member
I was really hoping class would be the 6th. It would have made the 3rd my last day with my company, and they are taking us all on a fishing trip that day! Would have been an amazing ending to the past few years of being here. Either way, I am excited that we are so close! Hopefully everything has been going alright. I don't want to call my investigator and start asking her questions or anything at this point. Only can keep our fingers crossed.

Kevfd3635

Forum Crew Member
Yeah for sure I'm pretty sure there gonna finish our test up , I have a buddy from 4004 in the late 300's said his investator told him he has a shot for Oct I told him he was out of his dam mind lol , he'll prob be in Jan

danno34

Forum Probie
The next academy starts in January but I am in as a Paramedic. Spoke to investigator today. Not sure if it's different for us but I don't think so, than again who knows. There is a class in right now that started about a week or so ago. I postponed to be in that class in favor of the one in January.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Academy, the one in october starts on the 15th or 16th.

Someone here mentioned, that his investigator said that even though he's in the 300s, he has a shot for October. It is possible, a lot of people failed the physical, the medical and investigation, some moved on to pd and other stuff, enough numbers drop, and you're in.

I'm 25X but I'm looking at January, even though it would be nice to get a call for October. We never know. This wait is killing me, I know 5 medics that went into the medic academy in September, and I know a group of medics and emts, about 20, from a ems station who are all going on a trip to some state. Now, you don't see that in privates.

Ems maybe a red headed step child but the guys and gals in fdny really bond.

Ah I can't wait!!!!!

Sorry for the rant haha, I'm posted, and my partner is sleeping -_-

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
The academy starts Oct 6th, there's going to be a three day overlap, but our class is doing graduation practice and Monday you guys will be at metro tech for orientation. also I'm in the academy now and heard it from the instructors

Last edited: