Favorite Stethoscope Brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisInMA

Forum Ride Along
Looking for a new stethoscope.
Curious as to preferences/favorite brands??

Thanks in advance

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
On the ambulance a ADC 603, good enough to get the job done and cheap enough that I don't care if it gets lost or stolen.

Any other time I prefer my Harvey DLX.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I have a prestige and nobody can hear a difference between mine and a Littmann.

Rick813P

Forum Probie
I don’t like using the ones left on the truck, afraid of catching hearing aids 🤣 or a cornea virus 😂😂

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I don’t like using the ones left on the truck, afraid of catching hearing aids 🤣 or a cornea virus 😂😂
That only happens if you either get stuck on the truck for a very long time or you stick something in your eye... avoid those and you should be just fine... really. Just. Fine. Or something. Now what was I saying???

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Looking for a new stethoscope.
Curious as to preferences/favorite brands??

Thanks in advance
Now for something more serious, you should check out the stethoscope megathread, linked above. That's got a LOT of info about stethoscopes. As long as your ears are accustomed to hearing the various sounds that you're supposed to, it almost doesn't matter which stethoscope you use. I have been known to use pretty much anything and everything between a $4 single head disposable stethoscope to stuff just shy of the digital/electronic models. My current personal steth is a Littmann Cardiology IV. Those run about $150-ish and are very, very good. I don't loan mine out except under my direct supervision (prevents walkaways). Why that brand? I just like them. Generally speaking, I find that just about any steth that's between about $40 and $80 will perform quite well and aren't too damaging to the wallet if lost or stolen. If I were more prone to losing my steths, I'd go cheap. Then again, I know what I'm listening for so going cheap isn't a problem for me.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Given that the stethoscope mega thread has been referenced, linked, and whatnot, I'm going to close this thread to prevent duplicating what's already been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.