Falck SD Shutting Down

CaliEmt619

Forum Probie
So I heard from a buddy that works at Falck San Diego that they will be shutting down soon. I guess the EMTs were all notified this morning, and were offered a job at Care OC ..... There was always talk about Falck wanting to take SD city contracts so Im guessing Falck gave up on trying to take over after RM got their extension recently .

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
So I heard from a buddy that works at Falck San Diego that they will be shutting down soon. I guess the EMTs were all notified this morning, and were offered a job at Care OC ..... There was always talk about Falck wanting to take SD city contracts so Im guessing Falck gave up on trying to take over after RM got their extension recently .
This has happened before. Falck will open up in certain areas and try really hard to slip in. They eventually always lose.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
They did get some 911 in OC though.
Yes pretty much ALL of OC but not under the falk name. They still use CARE and tout it as a family owned business one known since 1969. People have trust issues with new service. Especially the geriatric population of OC.

Heimdal

Forum Ride Along
Yes pretty much ALL of OC but not under the falk name. They still use CARE and tout it as a family owned business one known since 1969. People have trust issues with new service. Especially the geriatric population of OC.
:mad: *******s

Does Bowers still exist doing 911?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
:mad: *******s

Does Bowers still exist doing 911?
No. They gave up Vernon. Care took it and from friends of mine they hate it. Worse decision. They did get taken over by Rural Metro. Largest private als fleet in LA County. Kaiser contract, usc, st.johns etc