Falck purchases Gerber Ambulance

Blueprint1970

Forum Probie
Just bought Gerber ambulance in torrance ca. They have 1 911 contract along with 1 ift contract.

Interesting to see how big falck gets on the west coast

Just bought Gerber ambulance in torrance ca. They have 1 911 contract along with 1 ift contract.

They already own Care Ambulance in LA/Orange County.....a very large and established 911/ift provider.

OP
OP
B

Blueprint1970

Forum Probie
My buddy told me today so I think it should be "official" within the next day or so.

Do you guys expect Falck to replace the current management ? I was reading that's what they did with a company before.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
As long as they use some purchasing power to buy some new ambulances, that alone would be helpful. ..

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Seems like Falck is AMRs arch nemesis... As far as capital goes?

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
My buddy told me today so I think it should be "official" within the next day or so.

Do you guys expect Falck to replace the current management ? I was reading that's what they did with a company before.

Would your buddy happen to be the ghost of Sophus Falck?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Its official. They're handing out a memo this morning saying they are "very excited to announce our forthcoming partnership with Falck USA. It is scheduled to be finalized in the very near future."

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Seems like Falck is AMRs arch nemesis... As far as capital goes?

Falck is actually a much bigger company than Envision if I remember correctly. So if Falck actually sets their mind to it, I'm pretty sure they can outbuy Envision/AMR altogether.

CURMUDGEON

Forum Probie

Good strategic move for Falck and Gerber.

With the LA County 9-1-1 bid coming up relatively soon, look for more consolidation by Falck and AMR. Should be interesting to see if there's any movement with Schaefer, McCormick and Westmed.

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
from what I have heard is that Falck is a multinational corporation, that even runs private fire depts...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Good strategic move for Falck and Gerber.

With the LA County 9-1-1 bid coming up relatively soon, look for more consolidation by Falck and AMR. Should be interesting to see if there's any movement with Schaefer, McCormick and Westmed.

McCormick and Westmed are the same company....

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Falck is the largest private ambulance provider in the world. They dont have much vested in the US, but they are buying up companies.

This 911 contract for LACo will be interesting. There will be many more EOAs this time around, and they are looking for more providers. I predict big changes... Dont want to say too much because I dont want to step on toes but I believe we will see some people bow out of 911 and some newer players come in.

Now what I am waiting for is someone to try and do what the recent LAFD audit report says and privatize LA City EMS with 1:1 trucks lol.

Falck is the largest private ambulance provider in the world. They dont have much vested in the US, but they are buying up companies.

This 911 contract for LACo will be interesting. There will be many more EOAs this time around, and they are looking for more providers. I predict big changes... Dont want to say too much because I dont want to step on toes but I believe we will see some people bow out of 911 and some newer players come in.

Now what I am waiting for is someone to try and do what the recent LAFD audit report says and privatize LA City EMS with 1:1 trucks lol.

With Las Vegas fire wanting to transport, LA city will use that to justify public entity transport.

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief

I wouldn't count on it. They've owned American Ambulance for like 20 months and barely anything has changed. They've fired a few people in the billing dept to cut costs, but the previous owners/managers were kept on with fancy corporate titles (CEO, COO, etc). Granted, they bargained themselves these positions before selling, so it depends what kind of deal your management procured for themselves during the buyout.
Falck seems content with not rocking the boat unless they have to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fakittillumakit

Forum Ride Along
It's true I work for Gerber. It will be complete in a few weeks. Falck will use Gerbers station as a southbay headquarters. They own care, bowers, and Gerber. I heard they want all of LAco. And they are going after the providence contract so that will give them hospitals from Southern California up to Alaska and everything in between, giving them control of the west coast. I don't believe that McCormick or amr have a chance. Falck has been getting everything they go after. But I don't know much. So don't listen to me.