Failed The NREMT Again

ODIE

Forum Probie
Odie, while it may seem like you are now being bombarded with comments that are "just plain mean", understand this:

our work environment has such the dynamic that, at times, there is little room for error.

Like others on here have mentioned, "3 and done" seems fair enough and reasonable to me, heck there's a lot of places that are "1 and done", and that is just the standard; so is life.

If we set ourselves up for mediocrity where does that really leave us? I take issue with this and was a field trainer and preceptor for several years, so I can say this first hand. I've had way too many trainees, interns, and the like who breezed through class only to end up with me and realize what a "meany" I was. Why? Because I expected them to do their job to thee best of their ability, not the lackadaisical way they displayed based off off attitudes alone. No secrets, no tricks to passing, just good ol' fashioned hard work, like my ol' man instilled in me. He was also big on no self-pity because it gets you nowhere; turns out he was right

I did indeed enjoy your quote, however, perhaps the op failed trying some time ago, as they seem to have all but vanished, and haven't responded in some time. I learned a long time ago that you cannot help those who cannot, or will not, help themselves. I am also a huge opponent of the "everybody's a winner in my eyes" mantra (not saying this is what you meant, btw). It only further serves to enable an already crippled, and self-entitled society, and THAT is my main point, and take away from the other peoples posts on here.

It isn't about defending those who cannot defend themselves, it's about the hard working guy, or gal, who actually put true hard work and effort in getting their just due. It is about the individual who truly wanted so bad to accomplish a feat that they put everything they had into, deserved it, and whaddya know? Accomplished it.

An attack? Hardly. Just some people stating facts is all. But hey? Again, everyone is entitled to their points of view, I'm just trying to point of what others already have, perhaps in a way that makes a tad more sense than attacking a "poor defenseless soul" who hasn't defended themselves.

Have a nice day:).

Well after explaining this further I can see where you are coming from. I do appreciate the time you took to explain this to me.