Expat Medic Question

NTXFF

Forum Crew Member
Hey there everyone! I've done some google searches looking for expat Paramedic jobs but am hesitant on the validity of some of these agencies, so where should I look? Thanks in advance.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Depends. Where have you looked so far? And with who?

OP
OP
NTXFF

NTXFF

Forum Crew Member
I'm mainly just done google searches. I'm not opposed to any location, I realize I've gotta get my foot in the door first.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Searches on what site? And what companies? You are the one who stated you saw some and felt they were shady...glad to help but be more specific.

OP
OP
NTXFF

NTXFF

Forum Crew Member
My fault. I'm can't remember off the top of my head which companies I looked at but a lot of it seemed too good to be true. I searched expat paramedic jobs on google. What places specifically would be good to look at company wise? Recruitment sites or companies directly? As far as the companies that seemed shady were recruitment sites that didn't provide much more additional information.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I would recommend a lot of research to extend beyond googling. Start in this forum and read all the threads (great homework) not just brushing you off. Then I would search on Facebook the 1000+ expat worker abroad pages...really great connections and information there. Then I would check http://remotemedicjobs.blogspot.com/ to learn of some of the latest opportunities. Usually once jobs are posted, unless they are massive gigs needing a lot of people, the position is already filled.

A lot comes down to word of mouth. Once you hit those sites and read the threads here, come back with more questions.

Avoid recruitment sites.