Etoh?

emtashleyb

Forum Crew Member
just because the paitent is the town drunk and a perv doesnt mean you treat them any differently. Every paitent desereves the same trauma (or med) assessment no matter what happened. Just because the MOI/NOI doesnt seem significant to you doesnt mean that hes fine. Ive had paitents take swings at me (and Im not a big girl 5'2 103 pounds soaking wet), we had them restrainted and I continued on my merry way of assesing them. Treat them all the same way give them all the same care

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Nothing useful to add here except "irregardless" is not a word.

Sorry pet peeve of mine. :) :)

Double negative and all that...

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
You can be firm with a Pt without being disrespectful. I find that once they realize I'm not going to put up with their B.S., they usually calm down. It also seems to help if you stay professional. The attitude you present to your Pt usually helps. And, I find they are usually more pissed off at the cops. A little empathy goes a long way.

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
Nothing useful to add here except "irregardless" is not a word.

Sorry pet peeve of mine. :) :)

Double negative and all that...

Doh!! You got me on that one! See what I get for being too casual? You're right, "regardless" is all that I needed.

emtc9019

Forum Ride Along
etoh or not

i have been an emt for 14 years in rhode island and i work as a call firefighter and on a paid private ambulance. i have seen many drunks that have fallen. each have gotten a full work up including c-collar and long board. we as emts can not take the chance that the drunk person does not hace a spinal or a cervical fx. do what you were taught to do. and if he gets frisky tie his hands down if asked why you were protecting the pt from further harm. trust me nobody will question you.