EMTLife Contest - A Patient or Moment in EMS that Changed Your Life

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Sandog, you have been chosen by forces beyond me including, gravity, wind-shear and lack of coordination to claim the Top Prize of the book, gift certificate and whatever else BBG throws in, Congratulations!

"Rubs hands together gleefully!"

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
I understand your dilemma Firetender, there were very good stories, many very riveting to be sure, my story was slow in comparison, but cant blame the darts :)

Look forward to reading your book.

Thank you

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
There's a lot of good stuff here. I have my story but I haven't been able to figure out how to put it to words and honestly haven't been able to bring myself to even try.

Thanks for all the input guys!

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Some great posts here. Fire tender can you pm me your info on your book and where I can purchase.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly

There's a lot of good stuff here. I have my story but I haven't been able to figure out how to put it to words and honestly haven't been able to bring myself to even try.

Thanks for all the input guys!

Writing is all about moving the energy. Sometimes we get stuck. Just relax, take your time, start writing something, anything and when you hit a theme that means something to you, write some more.

At some point, you might want to share a part of the work with us, do it. You know you've got an audience!

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
The dart begs to question, is life serendipitous or mere happenstance? What ever it may be, our encounters in the field will appear in dartboard fashion, some good, others not so good, but in the scheme of things all experiences we encounter are like blocks helping us climb higher to enlightenment in all our endeavors, what ever they may be.

...and that, in a nutshell, is the name of the game; exploration.

Who cares who agrees and disagrees with you. Something you say may cause someone else to have a new thought and that thought may strengthen one aspect of his/her ability to do the work; or live with it for that matter.

All I would like to see is us offering each other options to look at and use in the art; just like we do with therapies within the science.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
And to quote one of my great mentors.

acquiring knowledge is like doing a jig saw puzzle, many of the bits on their own don't make sense, but they are all needed to give a complete picture........... "Eric Gibbs"

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
I agree, there are some great stories here! Cant wait for those on the fence to write theirs out as well, and hope this thread sparks more to write them out. I am eager to start reading the book. (thanks firetender!)
I also agree with firetender, that when these stories are written out, your not just helping yourself, but others as well. I hope this thread stays active and other continue to contribute!