EMT Transition question.

CFal

Forum Captain
NREMT shows my level as "EMT" not EMT-B, does this mean I am already at the new level?

Last edited by a moderator:

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
NREMT shows my level as "EMT" not EMT-B, does this mean I am already at the new level?

I would double check with your recertifying agency, they may have noted that you took the appropriate transition course. Some places have built them into con-ed so the transition is seamless.

OP
OP
C

CFal

Forum Captain
I would double check with your recertifying agency, they may have noted that you took the appropriate transition course. Some places have built them into con-ed so the transition is seamless.

National EMS Certification exams based on National Scope of Practice EMS Provider Levels Begin:
Advanced EMT June 1, 2011
Emergency Medical Responder January 1, 2012
Emergency Medical Technician January 1, 2012
Paramedic January 1, 2013

I think my NREMT test might be recent enough that I don't have to transition but I want to double check

MarieBee

Forum Ride Along
I have questions about my transition requirements also.

My original NREMT level was EMT-B with an expiration of 3/31/13
Recertified~Now the level is NREMT EMT with an expiration of 3/31/16

Sorry if this sounds incredibly dumb. When I took the original course, I was led to believe that I would need a transition course.. and now it looks like that information was either incorrect OR the transition was covered by the Refresher course I took?
I just want to make sure I do everything correctly and have no unpleasant surprises to deal with in the future.

Thank you for any information you all can provide.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I have questions about my transition requirements also.

My original NREMT level was EMT-B with an expiration of 3/31/13
Recertified~Now the level is NREMT EMT with an expiration of 3/31/16

Sorry if this sounds incredibly dumb. When I took the original course, I was led to believe that I would need a transition course.. and now it looks like that information was either incorrect OR the transition was covered by the Refresher course I took?
I just want to make sure I do everything correctly and have no unpleasant surprises to deal with in the future.

Thank you for any information you all can provide.
I would suspect that your refresher course covered the transition material. I would suggest contacting the refresher course vendor and find out from them if their refresher course actually covered the transitional material. I'd be surprised if they didn't...

OP
OP
C

CFal

Forum Captain
If NREMT lists you as EMT not EMT-B you are already transitioned, that's what I found out.