EMT positions in San Diego

EMTsanders

Forum Crew Member
Know your protocol for transporting with established interventions! They asked me that one in the interview, not on the written test. But other than that, Monkey's got it. I don't have anything else to add. I'm not sure if they would ask about the new protocols, considering I have not been able to track the book down yet, but since it's online, they might be worth knowing. Good luck!!

also good lookin out on the IV transport, i had it memorized from a paper that was handed out when i was in the class that had the entire question and answers, i answered it perfectly!! thank you!

Monkey

Forum Lieutenant
Ahh, but was it last years answer or this years?? LOL...

Good job, hope you get it. Will be lookin for you in the new class. :)

EMTsanders

Forum Crew Member
Ahh, but was it last years answer or this years?? LOL...

Good job, hope you get it. Will be lookin for you in the new class. :)

ahh geez i hope it was this years!! i got it back in december though =]
I hope you'll see me! And class as in the two weeks in august right?

Monkey

Forum Lieutenant
The Protocol just changed in July, so best guess is that it was last years answer, LOL... don't sweat it though.

and yeah, class as in the two weeks in August.

If you remember who interviewed you, shoot me a private... ;)

ITAKECAREOFPATIENTS

Forum Probie
That's great you got an interview ! Do you think since that person didn't show up for their interview at 8:30 that they'll choose someone else from the batch of applications? I have a couple recommendations, but I turned in my app. late before they chose the candidates for the interview. I'll keep my fingers crossed I can take their place.

EMTsanders

Forum Crew Member
yea the secretary told me that someone just missed out on their chance....i don't know when exactly you turned in your app, but they pulled mine back from January..... she said the have a giant stack of apps and they just start from the beggining. good luck though, you might make it in for next time.

EMTsanders

Forum Crew Member
well, i didn't get it. they didn't say why, in fact they told me "We were very impressed with your application and your qualifications. You had a really great interview, but unfortunetly we can't hire you at this time." I don't really understand. Unless thats what they say to everyone. I'm starting to think that my size might have something to do with it, cause i've had atleast two other companies say that i was great, i interviewed well blah blah blah but then couldn't hire me. I dunno, just sucks. =/

Monkey

Forum Lieutenant
Odd, I had a good friend that is REALLY qualified get the same thing today...

I'm sorry, but keep trying, it'll happen, and trust me, size wasn't the issue. They have just about the whole spectrum there, from REALLY petite, to plus sized.

EMTsanders

Forum Crew Member
Yea, i'm probably gonna give it a few days then go in and re-apply.still kinda sucks though =/ i'd rather them be honoest if somethin was wrong and tell me, so i know what to work on or whatever.

EMTinSD

Forum Ride Along
well, i didn't get it. they didn't say why, in fact they told me "We were very impressed with your application and your qualifications. You had a really great interview, but unfortunetly we can't hire you at this time." I don't really understand. Unless thats what they say to everyone. I'm starting to think that my size might have something to do with it, cause i've had atleast two other companies say that i was great, i interviewed well blah blah blah but then couldn't hire me. I dunno, just sucks. =/

EMTSanders- I am really sorry to hear this. Please do not give up. It is really tough to get hired right now but you have a really positive outlook from what I have read and now you have interview experience to take with you! I interviewed with R/M friday the 15th. They did call this wednesday and offered me a position but I still have the lift test to deal with, which I am most scared of. I have read this thread for awhile and have never posted before but I wanted to send you a response after reading your last posts.

EMTsanders

Forum Crew Member
thanks for the vote of confidence I'll keep tryin, in the mean time i'll be back hittin the books and tryin to get an AA. Congradulations on the offered position!!!! good luck on the lifting, you'll do fine, no need to be nervous at all. just remember to lift with your legs and not your back! The hard part is over, you don't have to talk to anyone (except maybe a partner) good luck and let us know how it turns out =]

EMTinSD

Forum Ride Along
Thanks EMTSanders! Fortunately I was able to pass the lift test and will beginning orientation/training soon. It is great that you are focusing on your education. I have a bachelors degree and know it is helpful when applying for jobs. Keep us updated on how things are going!

FIREMedic619

Forum Ride Along
Hey all,

I've been reading up on the 2011-2012 Emergency Medical Services Treatment Protocol & Policies Manual for San Diego County.

I plan on calling tomorrow once the office is open, but is this manual available in a printed booklet form? Reading it on a laptop as a .PDF blows.

Thanks!

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
Sometimes Miramar College's bookstore has them. That's were I got mine once. I'd call them and check, since dealing with County EMS is almost as bad as dealing with the DMV.

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
I finally got a copy today...and it was from Miramar. I tried County, but they were out of stock. So as of earlier today, it is possible to get one from Miramar's bookstore. And it looked like they had a good supply of them. :)

FIREMedic619

Forum Ride Along
Here I go resurrecting this thread from the dead again!

krav, thanks for the heads up on the protocols booklet @ Miramar. Hopefully they still have some.

Anyway, I'm finally back in SD again. It took longer than I expected. Any fresh leads on EMT jobs? I heard a rumor that Balboa was hiring, but that was it.