EMT positions in San Diego

msstaroflife

Forum Ride Along
There is a company called Xtreme Care Ambulance in San Diego that is hiring. I applied to a listing on craigslist for a position. Sounds like a professional group of people. Check them out.....:usa:

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
I'm in SD and saw them on Craigslist as well, but their company name seemed a little odd, perhaps even unprofessional. I think I'd like more info before applying.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Looks like they might be brand new company. They incorporated on 5/28/10.

Entity Name: XTREME CARE AMBULANCE, INC.
Entity Number: C3311838
Date Filed: 05/28/2010
Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA
Entity Address: 7710 HAZARD CENTER DR STE E 116
Entity City, State, Zip: SAN DIEGO CA 92108
Agent for Service of Process: SOUHEIL JAWAD
Agent Address: 7710 HAZARD CENTER DR STE E 116
Agent City, State, Zip: SAN DIEGO CA 92108

Source:California secretary of state website

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

msstaroflife

Forum Ride Along
I walked in to apply at Alert Ambulance and the place seemed cleaned out. I thought that was pretty strange! I'm new to San Diego and looking for some feedback on some of these companies. You know every one of them has a story, good or bad! I prefer good...

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
I walked in to apply at Alert Ambulance and the place seemed cleaned out. I thought that was pretty strange! I'm new to San Diego and looking for some feedback on some of these companies. You know every one of them has a story, good or bad! I prefer good...

Are you talking about this one? Nothing the corp status is suspended.

ALERT AMBULANCE, INC.
Entity Number: C2532859
Date Filed: 06/10/2003
Entity Address: 9920 JORDAN AVE UNIT 10
Entity City, State, Zip: CHATSWORTH CA 91311
Agent for Service of Process: NOPDOL SOONTHONTHUM
Agent Address: 9920 JORDAN AVE UNIT 10
Agent City, State, Zip: CHATSWORTH CA 91311

OP
OP
M

msstaroflife

Forum Ride Along
Are you talking about this one? Nothing the corp status is suspended.

ALERT AMBULANCE, INC.
Entity Number: C2532859
Date Filed: 06/10/2003
Entity Address: 9920 JORDAN AVE UNIT 10
Entity City, State, Zip: CHATSWORTH CA 91311
Agent for Service of Process: NOPDOL SOONTHONTHUM
Agent Address: 9920 JORDAN AVE UNIT 10
Agent City, State, Zip: CHATSWORTH CA 91311

No. The one below.
Entity Name: ALERT AMBULANCE NETWORK, LLC
Entity Number: 200717110080
Date Filed: 06/19/2007
Entity Address: 3585 HANCOCK ST #200B
Entity City, State, Zip: SAN DIEGO CA 92110
Agent for Service of Process: ALOHI P RIEGER
Agent Address: 4185 GEORGIA STREET
Agent City, State, Zip: SAN DIEGO CA 92103

warsaw1776

Forum Ride Along
Alert Ambulance is gone. i just got laid off on friday. owner sold out to Care, getting himself a nice cushy job there and giving us 1 to 2 days notice(depending on how close you were to him) that you were now without a job. totally out of the blue, a week earlier they promoted 3 EMTs to on duty supervisors and a little more than a months ago promoted 5 to FTO, 3 months ago hired 15 new EMTs. retarded. it was a great company to work for, but run very poorly. still havent gotten my last paycheck and they offically halted service last thursday. bitter doesnt begin to express my feelings

SanDiegoEmt7

Forum Captain
Alert Ambulance is gone. i just got laid off on friday. owner sold out to Care, getting himself a nice cushy job there and giving us 1 to 2 days notice(depending on how close you were to him) that you were now without a job. totally out of the blue, a week earlier they promoted 3 EMTs to on duty supervisors and a little more than a months ago promoted 5 to FTO, 3 months ago hired 15 new EMTs. retarded. it was a great company to work for, but run very poorly. still havent gotten my last paycheck and they offically halted service last thursday. bitter doesnt begin to express my feelings

To the OP, this is why you don't want to work for these unprofessional IFT services in SD. Look at Rural Metro, Pacific Ambulance, Care Ambulance, AMR. Those are the only ones that are reasonable. If I couldn't get hired at one of those. I would just get another job and wait.

Indy

Forum Crew Member
Xtreme Care Ambulance? No thanks, I'll stick to applying at Wishard Ambulance Service, Rural Metro and the Indianapolis Fire Department. They seem much more professional.

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
I picked up an application from Rural Metro a few days ago. They're my first choice by far, but their next round of hirings isn't until January. AMR is hiring and I know someone from my EMT class who was just hired, so they're taking newbies. And I'm thinking of looking into Pacific if those don't work out. But Rural Metro is definitely my first choice.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief

Something do not sound right. What you're saying is that care purchased Alert Ambulance and everyone got fired? So Care is not using any of Alert Ambulance? What happened to Alert Ambulance patients/contracts?

Regarding getting notice, normally you find out that company been sold when old owner introduces the new owner. Have you asked Care if they will hire old employees of Alert Ambulance?

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
To the OP, this is why you don't want to work for these unprofessional IFT services in SD. Look at Rural Metro, Pacific Ambulance, Care Ambulance, AMR. Those are the only ones that are reasonable. If I couldn't get hired at one of those. I would just get another job and wait.

You need to understand that action of employees being fired is normally done by the new owner. It have nothing to do with working for unprofessional IFT but everything to do with care firing everyone which is very interesting thing in it self.

warsaw1776

Forum Ride Along
From my understanding care didnt buy the employees just the contracts. im not even sure if they got the ambulances. some EMTs got hired right away, but it depended on who were the favorites and who had early notice.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
From my understanding care didnt buy the employees just the contracts. im not even sure if they got the ambulances. some EMTs got hired right away, but it depended on who were the favorites and who had early notice.

That is interesting, so they didn't buy the company in that case. Sounds like it was one of those can't refuse deals that came along and the owner took it.

warsaw1776

Forum Ride Along
the owner, or at least the only partial owner who was active in the company not including other investors(like his dad) was a 25 year old kid. now hes got a cushy job at care and plenty of money to play with.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
the owner, or at least the only partial owner who was active in the company not including other investors(like his dad) was a 25 year old kid. now hes got a cushy job at care and plenty of money to play with.

Welcome to Capitalism. What he did might have been tasteless, but there's nothing wrong with it.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief

Hopefully the 25 year old made the right choice and will use the money wisely.

warsaw1776

Forum Ride Along
never said there was anything wrong with it, neither did i say i wouldnt have done it myself. but when your building a company, including getting new contracts and hiring 15 new people normally you dont just up and quit. it was the shell shock of it that makes it so annoying.